JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted to join the military so they would hopefully help me get my higher pilot ratings and then get out in 4 and get a job flying planes for a living. The military was discharging pilots with 1500 turbine hours with 300 or better combat time. Those guys were coming back and getting all the commercial flying jobs, so I gave up trying to pay for my own flight training and went to school for agricultural engineering which is what my technical training was in and secondary in Business Administration.

How do you get there from flight training ??:eek:

Life turned out OK, I was good with everything that happened, but still know people get paid to fly airplanes..what a job that would have been.

That being said I was in a Lodge meeting last night and 2 of the guys there were career military guys, one flew F 86 Sabers in Korea, and the other one was a Marine Corps pilot. You better do stuff right when those 2 guys are in the room. Love hanging out with them.

Part of me regrets that I never joined. I wanted to, they even let me take the computer tests (I had a siezure disorder hit me out of the blue when I was 16 so it disqualified me) when I was at the recruiters office with friends who actually did go in. It knawed on me a bit that I couldn't go in, I was always partial to the Marines.

Looking back I am glad I was disqualified. I wouldn't have made it five bubbleguming seconds in the Marines!

I have mad respect for all of you who served no matter what branch.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews