JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we're all familiar with certain firearms being panned as "military-grade" by the media.

But, this is a first for me: https://komonews.com/news/local/man...ld-on-1m-bond-after-being-charged-with-murder

"the woman who was stabbed 12 times by a military-grade knife, according to court documents filed in the case."

Are we seeing the first glimmer of UK-style fear-mongering/spin being put uponst edged weapons now? I've heard some rumors that in UK knives are basically under similar scrutiny as firearms in USA.
I just feel like I've never heard this spin in the USA yet!

It is silly.
However, the stabber used a Ka-Bar, which had been a military issue knife for almost 100 years. It is possible that the terminology got goofed up.
Pretty sure the stabbee didn't notice what the grade of knife was, to your point.

I was reading this while eating pie and I laughed so hard that I accidently stabbed my chin, with the MILITARY GRADE FORK that I was using ...

Me....:s0054:.... banging my head against a MILITARY GRADE WALL

Truthfully, I didn't have time to read the article... I was too busy trimming all the loose threads, and resewing the buttons on my military grade clothing.

:rolleyes:

I saw something like this somewhere on the issue, paraphrased:

This story demonstrates the wisdom of sending SWAT to break up a 14 person Thanksgiving meal, and social workers to deal with violent criminals.

The military-grade knife thing is just a snippet of what's going on in Seattle. That same day, another person was stabbed in the neck in approximately the same area.
And the next day ANOTHER person was stabbed.
It's unusual for us to get so many stabbings here. I guess we are working our way up to "world class city"??

So, there's another poignant point to my initial post. The person stabbed was a case worker for recovering homeless people. "Case worker" is very similar to imbedded "social worker" that activists are trying to get to replace police as first line responders. So, we'll be expecting more of this to come.

Sad story all around. It is too bad the deceased did not have the means to defender herself against her assailant. :(

Parenthetically, one of my relation worked in that field for a while. She was, and is, a very kind hearted person by nature. But she burned out and changed career paths.

My mother was (retied now) a probation officer.
She was issued a bullet-proof vest and a firearm back in 2000 because the "deplorables" had become sketchy.

Seems there's this movement against guns. TBH I'd rather be shot by a gun than get run-through by a knife.
When I lived in China, there were many mass-knifing incidents (especially in train stations, kindergartens and grocery stores) I can only imagine being burned to death as worse.

Sad story. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her loved ones, family and friends.

There are many stories like this across this country and not only in Seattle, NY or some other places. (I read a LOT of news online.)

We have had stabbings here in Montana. Some have been close to or in some types of shelters or 'housing'.

Some have been in RURAL areas too. Just like in other rural areas across this country. So called SAFE places. NOT!

BLAME the perp, criminal with full intent and the crazy full of hate criminal too.

Do NOT blame the OBJECT or THING or IN THIS CASE - A 'military' KNIFE. NO MATTER WHAT TYPE of knife it is.

Kitchen knives are used a LOT in stabbings too!

IT is time that the criminals and crazy people stop getting off for their crimes. IF you murder someone with full intent... you should be shot by a firing squad or hung in the public square. And being called 'crazy' should NOT get you off from the death penalty.

If you are too VIOLENT to be out in society on PUBLIC STREETS/SIDEWALKS due to being deemed a VIOLENT crazy person or a VIOLENT criminal in or out of a SHELTER... you should be LOCKED UP and if you MURDER someone - you should be put down like a rabid dog.

Anyway, with that said, I LIKE KNIVES and I like and own several types of Ka-Bar military knives, various types of Buck knives, and a few other brands of knives. I only USE fixed blade knives too.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
1) I really like knives. That said, I realize they leave something to be desired as weapons.
That said, I also realize that they can be very effective weapons. The knife is man's earliest tool. The club/rock and spear tie for man's earliest weapon.

2) As a good friend who spent some time @ an isolated firebase in Vietnam said "It was like camping out all the time." He also said they all used their bayonets a lot, but he never saw one used as a weapon. The Ka-Bar is one of the greatest camping/field knives ever made, and what do you know -(?)- a pretty good weapon too. The Glock M81 is right up there too.

3) When the victim is an unarmed woman it doesn't much matter whether the knife is MIL-SPEC or not. Even as compromised as I am physically, I could do a lot of harm with a 8-10" chef's knife. Despite being the hypothetical kitchen knife of choice by the uninformed a butcher knife leaves a lot to be desired as a weapon.

4) I think knives would be one of the few subjects about which Seattle "reporters" know less than they do about guns.

5) Seattle is one of the few cities as steeped in the absurdities of "woke" culture as Portlandia.

6) Ref. Surviving Edged Weapons (1998) for a reminder of just how deadly a knife can be. One of the most absurd things I have seen lately was the LSM commentator who referred to a knife wielding assailant as "unarmed."

Fess up...
Which one of youz will be scarfing military-grade, chow hall approved, lime Jell-o today?
You mean the stuff that tastes like Strawberries? Had that on Treasure Is. In the NAVY that was totally weird. Green Jello tasting like strawberries. Went well with the Hamburgers that looked to have been dipped in Crisco and allowed to setup right before serving them.

The military-grade knife thing is just a snippet of what's going on in Seattle. That same day, another person was stabbed in the neck in approximately the same area.
And the next day ANOTHER person was stabbed.
It's unusual for us to get so many stabbings here. I guess we are working our way up to "world class city"??

So, there's another poignant point to my initial post. The person stabbed was a case worker for recovering homeless people. "Case worker" is very similar to imbedded "social worker" that activists are trying to get to replace police as first line responders. So, we'll be expecting more of this to come.
They should have used a military grade case worker.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top