JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good Lordy, fire bad...
Not 1/2 mile from my house, a homeowner who had recently cut many trees down for his retirement fund may loose it because he caused a 2 acre fire today!!!
Fire crews were battling it this afternoon and say that they have it contained.
I will sleep lightly tonight...

B4DB8771-1819-44E7-9409-3B30836603F1.jpeg

Don't worry, always prepared ....

WheelMurp.jpg

More seriously, we're not near the evac zone, and the Sheriff just put out a bulletin that none of the communities we are near are threatened. :s0155:

Dammit indeed. Wife spooked and kiddos can't go outside. Didn't stop my standard antics, of course. (We were awoken in the wee hours by two wee people sneaking into our bed. My theory is the low flying choppers scared them. Gave up with sleep and hit the ground running. )

lightning is the only natural fire.....there has been none. Transient
ODF Team2 enrout . Burning in an old fire scare in really tough ground , but its not a fed fire so it will be caught and mopped with in the next two weeks.....likely one.
There are no other major fires going so the will be no competition for resources.......the fire has its pick of resources and a lot of them .

To add my own "local reporting", way less smoke and fire visible on the skyline. Looks like it is, in fact, pushing southwestward. Seeing lots of choppers; not so much fixed wing. Hopefully they can finally contain it. :s0155:

The Rogue Valley is full of smoke. I find it hard to understand why a 7 acre fire on I5 cannot be contained before it gets totally ridiculous in size.

The Rogue Valley is full of smoke. I find it hard to understand why a 7 acre fire on I5 cannot be contained before it gets totally ridiculous in size.

Your guess is as good as mine, amigo. The wife just read to me the latest. The fire is moving south and threatening some of the smaller communities, like Azalea, now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top