JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, OK, this may be a little silly ... I fell asleep whilst reading an alternative history book followed by a SHTF text. The dream was of a bunch of scantily-clad, dancing brunettes in the desert whilst helicopters soared over their heads (yah, I know, I'm a man). I was awoken from my vino and sun induced slumber to realize the choppers were real and the noise up the hill was being produce by a very large mammal (I'm guessing the she-bear) heading my way. I opted to go inside. The wife was only mildly annoyed at my report. :p

Drove I5 through that area this morning, they were still choppering buckets of water. Pretty sizable and spread out fire, from the edge of the highway to the ridge... Looked as if it's spread along that ridge, but it also looked to be spotty and pretty spread out... Dense smoke this morning at about 11:00 when we went through there. Man, that smoke seems to go forever, down to Shasta.

Stay safe, stay aware, stay armed....

One my better half (@TeacherSmurf ) took a few minutes ago.

yAelsZV.jpg

Several times now a fire fighting plane flew over our humble hacienda. I took this one whilst reading outside:

View attachment 603454
a pIston powered DC7 it looks like, probably Butler Aviation in Madras on a State contract (USFS will not contract these great firebombers, but the State will. One of the few things Oregon does right.) We were thinking of going there Thursday (Canyonville) not now though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top