JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

.41 Magnum Versus 10㎜ Auto

• Make mine a .41 Magnum.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Prefer the 10㎜ Auto.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
I believe .41 Mag autoguns exist (AMT/AUTO MAG guys out there?) if that is your question.
no, that wasnt my question. Im aware that many manufacturers have made (or tried...) semi autos in popular revolver cartridges. My question was if the 41 Magnum was ever intended to be used in a semi auto.

I believe .41 Mag autoguns exist (AMT/AUTO MAG guys out there?) if that is your question.

All rimmed cartridges get an extra step or verification when stacked in a repeater of ANY kind (auto or otherwise) toward ANY "application".

Even if the entire action assembly is DESIGNED for the rimmed cartridge from the outset, such as a Siamese Mauser.
Desert Beagle made a few, too. (Not a misprint. Not a fan of that gun platform)

How about the grand ol British 303? Not an autoloader, but a rimmed cartridge in a stacked magazine. If using stripper clips, rim arraignment is very important.

Talking about revolvers here: Which of the middle "magnums" (of sorts) is your choice?

• The venerable .41 Magnum. Introduced in 1964. Impressive ballistics and fine revolvers chambered for said. For shorter fair, there is the .41 Special.
  • The 10㎜ Auto was introduced in 1983 and selected into FBI service in 1989. Ballistics are nothing to sneeze at. Some revolvers are chambered for this automatic cartridge and are, generally, fed by moon-clips. For shorties, .40 S&W can can be employed in wheelguns.

So, which would you prefer in a full sized revolver? Why? Enjoy!
I guess it would be kind of neat to have a 10mm revolver as I am invested in the cartridge already. However that does not hold enough sway and I would take a 41 mag wheelgun over the 10 despite having no direct experience with the cartridge. Despite what people say the 41 mag packs more punch than a 10. A hot loaded 200gr hardcast in the 10mm will get you 1250fps out out of a standard g20. From looking at ballistic charts, it looks like with a 210gr slug a .41 mag can approach 1400 fps depending on platform. In my best Paul Harrell voice "that is substantially more".

I guess it would be kind of neat to have a 10mm revolver as I am invested in the cartridge already. However that does not hold enough sway and I would take a 41 mag wheelgun over the 10 despite having no direct experience with the cartridge. Despite what people say the 41 mag packs more punch than a 10. A hot loaded 200gr hardcast in the 10mm will get you 1250fps out out of a standard g20. From looking at ballistic charts, it looks like with a 210gr slug a .41 mag can approach 1400 fps depending on platform. In my best Paul Harrell voice "that is substantially more".
Out of an 8" Smith 57, my notes indicate the 210gr Hornady XTP, a book load of Win 296 averaged 1465fps.

There's Mr. Harrell's "substantially more" plus not a little bit. :cool:

A three-screw Blackhawk will shoot the same load well, but I have not chronographed it there.

The .41 Smith and Wesson Magnum is done no favors when it is loaded to less than its purpose which is killing: Mule Deer OR Malcontents.

Uh-Huh. But the fun's kinda outta sayin' it with no one perturbed. :D
I was trying to be nice about it as I like everyone here :)

In my mid 20s I really really wanted the new Desert Eagle. Its price range kept it out of reach from my graveyard sweatshop salary but I coveted one of those for several years anyways convinced it was the ultimate outdoors gun (lol). As time passed I heard of its poor reputation for reliability a culprit being the case rim not optimal in a magazine. I was convinced that was untrue or they wouldn't make them or be so popular... anything to justify the reason, plus I saw them in the movies :p . Time passed and fortunately for me a 1911 in 10mm landed into my meager "gun money" allowance much quicker than the more expensive Desert Eagle and Ive never looked back. Nowadays I would have no use for a Desert Eagle even if it ran great. Too big and heavy.
FWIW I wanted the 41 Magnum.

I was trying to be nice about it as I like everyone here :)

In my mid 20s I really really wanted the new Desert Eagle. Its price range kept it out of reach from my graveyard sweatshop salary but I coveted one of those for several years anyways convinced it was the ultimate outdoors gun (lol). As time passed I heard of its poor reputation for reliability a culprit being the case rim not optimal in a magazine. I was convinced that was untrue or they wouldn't make them or be so popular... anything to justify the reason, plus I saw them in the movies :p . Time passed and fortunately for me a 1911 in 10mm landed into my meager "gun money" allowance much quicker than the more expensive Desert Eagle and Ive never looked back. Nowadays I would have no use for a Desert Eagle even if it ran great. Too big and heavy.
FWIW I wanted the 41 Magnum.
"And a Desert Eagle, that's one great big old pistol...made by bada$$ Hebrews..." Ray Wylie Hubbard: Choctaw Bingo

Is 10mm a magnum? Never thought of it that way.
3D7D2EE1-0412-4E27-BFA7-6F1B431AC2C2.jpeg