JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Detroit City Council passes 'Bullet Bill' resolution

DETROIT (WJBK) - The Detroit City Council approved a "Bullet Bill" gun control resolution Wednesday with a unanimous vote.

The resolution limits ammunition amounts that can be bought while requiring a mental health background check on buyers of ammo in Wayne County.

As part of a proposed Wayne County "Bullet Bill" ordinance, additional county taxes would be imposed on the purchase of ammunition with revenue going to assist victims of gun violence and educational programs with a focus on conflict resolution, administrative costs.

"We are not attempting to destroy your right to bear arms," Davis said. "(We want to) put taxes on that ammunition and use those funds to teach urban American folk about the importance of bearing arms and how to become a responsible gun owner."

I can't come up with anything new to say. I did read a made up story where there was a claim that one of these laws saved lives.

The theory I guess is a legal gun owner hadn't killed a stranger that day, thereby saving a life that was never in danger. I'm not sure where the threat from law abiding people comes from.

My theory is prohibited people commit the majority of gun related crimes. Start there and magically you'll see a reduction in deaths and there's no need to trample good Americans rights.

Of course, more laws will stop bad people with bad behavior from doing bad things. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? I say you me, it's pure genius! o_O

Hmm...I seem to recall something about taxing something as benign as nice beverage makings being taxed (Tea), being an impituce behind what started a new nation.

A Republic with freedoms never heard of before in the World for its citizens. God given inaliable rights. Or some such.

Dunno...could be entirely mistaken there...perhaps it was just shenanigans and Tom foolery that some history teachers were talking about way back when.

I wonder if there is any written documents in regards to what I thought I remembered being taught? :rolleyes:

Detroit city council, having done a great job rejuvenating their city, is the best authority on what is best for you. :rolleyes:

They dont have police to send to actual crimes like armed home invasion and murders, how do they plan to enforce this?

Screw em, civil disobedience from here on out.

"We are not attempting to destroy your right to bear arms," Davis said. "(We want to) put taxes on that ammunition and use those funds to teach urban American folk about the importance of bearing arms and how to become a responsible gun owner."
Is their ignorance and stupidity deliberate? Do they understand who they are talking about when they refer to 'Urban American Folk' ?

Is their ignorance and stupidity deliberate? Do they understand who they are talking about when they refer to 'Urban American Folk' ?

Don't confuse ignorance with arrogance.... the only ones this will hurt is the poor who won't be able to afford to defend themselves against all the predators, who in turn were produced by the abject poverty they were born into, which in turn was caused by the very same type of actions of politicians in the first place.

It's getting nigh time for a reckoning... o_O

Prima facie it's racist and classist.
  • >80% black,
  • 37% poverty level (fluctuates)
  • average income of ~$24,000.
This harms a significant number of residents of Detroit. I'd wager that, proportionate to the population of any other city, they are predominantly law abiding.

Also, it's Catch-22 : to submit to a mental health exam before buying ammo guarantees everyone in Detroit fails. Why? You gotta be fuggin' crazy to live in Detroit.

It was unanimous :(

City Council | City of Detroit

I don't know why, but any time I see a man in a bow tie (unless it's with a tuxedo) it just screams douche-bag to me.
Lots of truth right here, I've said it many times myself.

Spot on with your observation!

I give you the U.S. 3rd congressional district Rep. Earl Blumenaur (D) from the "great" State of Oregon.

81CAB105-F8DC-4D5D-AC11-18CEE0AB5FD6.jpeg

I just want to break that wagging finger of his clean off and stuff it straight up his a$$, sideways. Tyrants wag their fingers like that while they bloviate .

o_O

Detroit City Council passes 'Bullet Bill' resolution

Sure glad it's not the "Detroit" east of Mill City.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top