JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought it might be helpful if some of us who write to these people regularly posted some of what we are sending. To that end, here's one of mine:

To the Oregon State Legislature's Judicial Committee:

I am completely outraged at the effrontery and ignorance of Ginny Burdick and her accomplices. Senate Bill 347 would make it a Class C felony for a concealed handgun license (CHL) holder to carry a firearm onto school grounds, unless the school district or other entity controlling the school grounds has an adopted written policy authorizing an exemption for CHL holders.

The bill, in part, amends SECTION 1. ORS 166.370 to read:

"This 2013 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public
peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist..."

This bill is completely unnecessary, and will do nothing to increase the public peace, or the safety or health of anyone. When has a CHL holder in Oregon either intentionally or by accident caused injury to anyone on a school campus with a weapon? For this reason even the emergency clause is a bald faced lie. Additionally, we all know that most school districts are dead set against any policy authorizing an exemption for CHL holders.

The creation of this bill is driven by the ignorance and fear that rules Burdick and her followers. Burdick's irrational fears, if they are genuine, and those of her supporters grow out of supreme ignorance. The depth of her ignorance is demonstrated by the fact that she doesn't even understand that one can't sell firearms on Craig's List, which she identified as a "problem" in a recent meeting.

Who is it that school officials call first when there is a threat to life on campus and why? They call the police. Why? Because they are armed. If the schools my kids attend are ever threatened by a homicidal maniac I hope against hope that there is an armed CHL holder on campus at the time. Had there been one at Sandy Hook a lot more precious children would probably be alive today.

Please reject Burdick's insanity. I and many others will be watching this bill closely.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top