JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there is nothing worst than getting stuck behind some lance armstrong wannabe riding a children's toy on german town road

Yeah, no kidding. Some of these people must get up in the morning and say to themselves. "I think I'll take a nice long ride today. Let's see, what road has a lot of traffic, no shoulders, and is winding as hell?" " I should wait until 5:00 pm though" o_O

Given how many folks are on the road, they generally get along pretty good. It only takes one or 2 idiots though and there are more than a few of both car and bike riders who qualify as idiots. It's easier to ignore the behavior of an idiot when you are in a car or truck though. When I was getting in a lot of bike miles, I use to fantasize having a fake, but realistic looking, black AR-15 shouldered and visible to cars coming up from behind. The thought was it would garner more respect than most drivers wanted to give and should I get hit, landing on plastic would be less painful, plus easier to ride with given the light weight.

I recently saw this pool noodle hack, which seems a bit too aggressive, but I suppose it would be less aggressive than having a machine gun looking black rifle strapped across your back: ellen-s-law.jpg

Wouldn't have to put it out that far. Probably like waving a red flag at a bike hater though, whereas the AR would give even that Mercedes driving/bird flipping douchb** pause.

As a (recent) long time solo bike rider, that pool noodle is way, way dumb...

Sanctimony comes in a lot of guises and this is an outstanding one.

What an idiot.

He must be trying to p.o. cyclist haters...

One of our office staff spoke to Mr. Offinga today. His version of events differs from what is being reported by the local media.

1. Claims he didn't hit the cyclist but did flip him off.
2. No damage to the Mercedes.
3. No warrant served at his home or arrest at his home. He turned himself in at WACO in the company of his attorney. Sheriff deputies came to the house the following day to inspect the Mercedes.
4. Cyclist who claims to have been hit leads local bike tours in that area, which begs the question, why would he need to consult a map?

????

E

Given how many folks are on the road, they generally get along pretty good. It only takes one or 2 idiots though and there are more than a few of both car and bike riders who qualify as idiots. It's easier to ignore the behavior of an idiot when you are in a car or truck though. When I was getting in a lot of bike miles, I use to fantasize having a fake, but realistic looking, black AR-15 shouldered and visible to cars coming up from behind. The thought was it would garner more respect than most drivers wanted to give and should I get hit, landing on plastic would be less painful, plus easier to ride with given the light weight.

I recently saw this pool noodle hack, which seems a bit too aggressive, but I suppose it would be less aggressive than having a machine gun looking black rifle strapped across your back: View attachment 581667

Wouldn't have to put it out that far. Probably like waving a red flag at a bike hater though, whereas the AR would give even that Mercedes driving/bird flipping douchb** pause.
Unless some illegals hit you with stolen F350 first - just to steal your real-looking rubber AR15?

One of our office staff spoke to Mr. Offinga today. His version of events differs from what is being reported by the local media.

1. Claims he didn't hit the cyclist but did flip him off.
2. No damage to the Mercedes.
3. No warrant served at his home or arrest at his home. He turned himself in at WACO in the company of his attorney. Sheriff deputies came to the house the following day to inspect the Mercedes.
4. Cyclist who claims to have been hit leads local bike tours in that area, which begs the question, why would he need to consult a map?

????

E

Interesting. The news story repeats that Mr Offinga hit the man. and there were witness's.

From the link:
"The sheriff's office says Offinga hit the cyclist"
"Witnesses told law enforcement the man was driving a newer Mercedes convertible and hit the cyclist on the shoulder of the road."
"investigators say Offinga made no attempt to stop or check on the bicyclist and gave him "the finger" as he left the scene."
"The sheriff's office says several tips led detectives to Offinga's home outside Forest Grove."

Hope that it comes out what really occurred. I've seen these "Antifa" types claim assault when a car was merely trying to get by and touched them.

I'll Bet Richard aka DICK doesn't serve one day Jail he has money
But when they said he was 55 I thought man he looks to be 75 plus
Mercedes driver

Interesting. The news story repeats that Mr Offinga hit the man. and there were witness's.

From the link:
"The sheriff's office says Offinga hit the cyclist"
"Witnesses told law enforcement the man was driving a newer Mercedes convertible and hit the cyclist on the shoulder of the road."
"investigators say Offinga made no attempt to stop or check on the bicyclist and gave him "the finger" as he left the scene."
"The sheriff's office says several tips led detectives to Offinga's home outside Forest Grove."

Hope that it comes out what really occurred. I've seen these "Antifa" types claim assault when a car was merely trying to get by and touched them.

I spoke to another source on Friday that also knows him. He also says that Offinga turned himself in at WACO but that there was a warrant served the next day at his home to get the Mercedes.

I have learned long ago that initial news reports rarely get things correct. Who remembers the guy in Bend last year that committed "road rage" against the two lesbians? Initial news reports had this guy convicted beyond any doubt. Only later did we learn that the whole incident was a hoax, but not before the guy had been put through a grinder.

Redmond man arraigned in Bend road rage incident

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ad-rage-attack-dropped-over-terrible-lie/amp/

E

Last Edited:
Who remembers the guy in Bend last year that committed "road rage" against the two lesbians? Initial news reports had this guy convicted beyond any doubt. Only later did we learn that the whole incident was a hoax, but not before the guy had been put through a grinder.

Redmond man arraigned in Bend road rage incident

Most "hate crimes" against the protected class in today's America are hoaxes.

We've had a couple in this area that got the community all outraged until they realized they were perpetrated by those of a certain political persuasion.

Maybe instead of slowing traffic to a crawl, wasting fuel, polluting the air, we should suggest pedestrians look before they cross? It must be an old fashion idea? To look before you step into the street?
The "walk" signs at pedestrian crossings do not allow enough time for a pedestrian to cross even two lanes. Drivers need to look before stomping on the gas. Four lanes, forget it. I was once crossing a four lane road in Corvallis in the crosswalk, with the walk sign. As I passed in front of a car I saw the driver was fully engaged between talking with his girl friend (presumably) and staring at the light. I was right in front of him. He clearly was not seeing me. The light changed and he floored it without looking. The car leapt forward. Had I done the normal thing and yelled or tried to leap forward or back, he would have run right over me. Instead, I leaped high, and landed on the car hood, my fist banging the windshield right in front of the guy's face. Only in response to the banging did he finally look up. He had accellerated so fast, he was all the way through the 4-lane intersection and 20 feet beyond before he was able to stop. (I was unhurt.)

As a recently quit being a cyclist, (bad shoulders) I carried my G19, massively hot pepper spray, and big, fixed blade knife - not for motorists, but if I went down from dog attack.

I cycled a minimum of 25 miles in the country and it was a rare day I wasn't attacked by unsecured dogs. Big, dangerous dogs. Little yappers I didn't worry about...

I bought Freeze Plus P pepper spray by the case and carried Sudecon decontamination wipes, cuz if I happened to get some blow back after spraying I be very glad I had the wipes and not suffer.

This spray is so hot, even on unblemished skin it would feel blow-torched if I came into contact with even the slightest exposure.

My biggest concern with motorists was distracted texters and angry dog owners because I would spray their dogs if attacked. I didn't blame the poor dog, I blamed the owners, but I sure wasn't going to act passive if attacked. Some obviously thought I should simply let their dogs trip me off my bike and attack - never happened and I rode for years and years.

My cycling 2 cents...
From the other end of that telescope, as a rural property owner on a scenic, 2 lane road with NO shoulders I came to hate bicyclists. Our road was straight as an arrow for a couple miles through a scenic valley with creeks and forests, as well as grazing land. The shoulders dropped off from the white fog line into a 4 foot deep, 8 foot wide trench on either side of the road. Traffic was going at 55 mph or more.

And yet, we would constantly get gaggles of sweaty people in clown suits riding 2 or 3 abreast at 15 mph down the road, while they enjoyed the fresh air and the scenery provided at my expense. Yes, I paid for the property and paid taxes on it, but the county and Metro were constantly laying restrictions on what I could do with my land because the bicyclists didn't want "their" scenery to change. A trip to the grocery store was a life threatening exercise, with cyclists unable and unwilling to get out of the way, vehicles swerving into oncoming lanes to avoid them, and people slamming on brakes to avoid them. Cyclists were constantly over-reacting to my dogs who wore electronic collars to keep them on the property, but who appeared to be roaming free, yelling for me to "control my dogs", as if they owned the area and I was the intruder. It's not a mystery why cyclists in general are thought of as entitled, aggressive jerks.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews