JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He was known by the bike riders - I saw posts online.

That was the least of his crimes. He was also a child molester as was his son (who is in prison for 50 years for molesting his daughter).

He eventually killed himself, more or less; refused medical treatment and died from liver disease. He was then cremated - I think it was because he knew how many people (including myself) would like to crap on his grave.
That's unfortunate and sorry you felt with that. I'm sure there's more history than you'd like to mention. Have a brother in law like that. He needs to go to prison for good.

That's unfortunate and sorry you felt with that. I'm sure there's more history than you'd like to mention. Have a brother in law like that. He needs to go to prison for good.

No longer my brother in law - I am divorced. No longer have anything to do with that family except for my daughter, who fortunately is more like me than her mother.

And he is as old as I am. Fifty years is a life sentence for him.

No longer my brother in law - I am divorced. No longer have anything to do with that family except for my daughter, who fortunately is more like me than her mother.

And he is as old as I am. Fifty years is a life sentence for him.
Can I ask how many times he got caught before a 50 year sentence? There's no way he was convicted by a Oregon judge with that sentence.

He was known by the bike riders - I saw posts online.

That was the least of his crimes. He was also a child molester as was his son (who is in prison for 50 years for molesting his daughter).

He eventually killed himself, more or less; refused medical treatment and died from liver disease. He was then cremated - I think it was because he knew how many people (including myself) would like to crap on his grave.

Should have created him alive

Downtown Portland. A guy on a bicycle cut off a motorcycle. The motorcycle honked its horn at him. Without looking back the bicycle guy raised his arm and flipped off the guy on the motorcycle. The motorcycle then turned on it's flashing red and blue lights and siren. :eek:

So William Offinga hits the dude and then gives him the finga. Self fulfilling prophecy or irony? Come on, if you can't chuckle at that take an aspirin.

Low-income working class bike commuters is one story, arrogant latent homos in speedos is another one.
pb130113.jpg

I agree that there needs to be improved infrastructure for motorists, cyclists, pedestrians... my personal opinion?
[Pedestrian path] curb [cyclist lane; 1/2 to 2/3 size of normal sidewalks, say about 25-30 inches ] curb[parking spots and roadway for vehicles] with gaps in the curbs for cross walks with signals.. or even mini rail cross guards on the bike paths for pedestrian safety :cool: these pedestrian safety guards would be on demand, much like the orange flashing pedestrian crossing signs around Albany....
And the lanes should have wide sweep curves around the corners of the X intersections .. well this may be where curved curbs are impractical, if the cyclists would want to cross, but this may be where the rule would be to stop all wheeled traffic at the same time, unless they wanna walk their bikes, which is an actual rule for crosswalks that never gets enforced. Too bad if it means losing minutes off bike commutes/"races", its safer for everyone:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

But of course, it would require more money.. so how about this... a tax on adult sized bicycles, and if 18+; require a bike license and registration like Corvallis and Eugene used to do?

"But of course, it would require more money.. so how about this... a tax on adult sized bicycles, and if 18+; require a bike license and registration like Corvallis and Eugene used to do?"

Solution is more/new licensing laws and higher taxes - you're joking...right?

"But of course, it would require more money.. so how about this... a tax on adult sized bicycles, and if 18+; require a bike license and registration like Corvallis and Eugene used to do?"

Solution is more/new licensing laws and higher taxes - you're joking...right?
Whats good for motorists is good for cyclists right? :rolleyes: because who's supposed to pay for improved infrastructure? I highly doubt the property owners, businesses, and motorists in general would want to pay for improved cyclist infrastructure..... so really its sort of a moot point right? A statewide license/registration of bicycles could work, but again we fall into the issues of "right to travel freely versus priviliege of driving/riding on public roadways" :rolleyes: and also the issues that some people have more than 1 rider in families to share a bicycle, or some such.. and how to apply fairly.

Edit.

Put another way;
The infrastructure is supposedly paid for by motorists; the cyclists gets what they pay for which is nothing statewide.

Last Edited:
Just going to throw this out there as an example of stupidity and abusing infrastructure.

On Cornell road in Hillsboro, there is a corner where the road turns north as you are heading east. The corner has a bike lane and a car lane with markings for cars to tell car drivers it is safe to get into the right most lane to turn off the road and onto a street on the right, while also having markings for a bicycle lane. And it has markings where you are supposed to yield to the bicycle.

One dark night it was raining hard and I wanted to make that turn. There was some idiot on a skateboard in the bicycle lane, moving against the direction of traffic - right there where cars would be crossing the bicycle lane to turn right. I barely saw him. It was like he was just asking to get hit.

I live in an area with two major universities. Hard to say when college kids are dumber; while driving a car or riding a bike??

I don't really have any animosity towards cyclists. Well, I have animosity for pretty much everyone, but not cyclists in particular... :p

The guys on Top Gear have had some pretty hilarious comments about them, though...

Top Gear Bicycle Advertisment (Final)

Deputies: Mercedes driver who hit cyclist, flipped him off near Forest Grove arrested

This is exactly why I carry a fully cerakoted piece (sweatproof) on my rides. This clown would have not driven away fully in tact - or at all. :mad:

Road rage is at an all-time high. Cyclists are the most second most vulnerable on the road; with pedestrians first.

And you would have landed in jail right beside him by shooting at a person moving away from you.

It's statements like these that make me worry.

Whats good for motorists is good for cyclists right? :rolleyes: because who's supposed to pay for improved infrastructure? I highly doubt the property owners, businesses, and motorists in general would want to pay for improved cyclist infrastructure..... so really its sort of a moot point right? A statewide license/registration of bicycles could work, but again we fall into the issues of "right to travel freely versus priviliege of driving/riding on public roadways" :rolleyes: and also the issues that some people have more than 1 rider in families to share a bicycle, or some such.. and how to apply fairly.

Edit.

Put another way;
The infrastructure is supposedly paid for by motorists; the cyclists gets what they pay for which is nothing statewide.

My small town received a govt grant a few years back that covered the widening of bike lanes throughout the center of town. We now also have a law that anyone passing a bicycle must leave at least 3 feet of space between their vehicle & the bicyclist

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top