JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone remember around 10-15 years ago, whenever there was a major collision with multiple fatalities, everything from a Volvo wagon to a hatchback was called an SUV if the media wanted to make the driver more "evil" and socially irresponsible?
Same with "assault rifle", they use it as a form of descriptive shorthand. They feel that the "stupid people" (def; those who aren't journalists) whom they write down to, are unable to grasp the event unless they use it to make the bad guys "badder".
They sometimes try to change things up by using, "high power", "high capacity"...etc.
It may be inaccurate, inflammatory, biased, but if (when?) they decide to come up with a new common descriptor...we probably won't like that one even more (terror rifle?).
I guarantee it won't be something WE suggest.

Unfortunately we do it to, by adding "tactical" as a magnifier to everything from flashlights to thermal socks to wrist watches in order to increase the perception of value/quality/durability. Manufacturers also can't seem to keep from coming up with marketing names and descriptions for their products that hardly help matters.

I tell all the liberals I know that they keep misspelling it.

It's actually spelled A S S – H A L T and that's just what I plan to do with it if you break into my house.

Personally, I like to have my house surrounded by a flock of tactical assault pigs - they can be very effective at keeping the bad guys away from my house:

ames-bros-assault-pig-t-shirt-600x600.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top