JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tend to get upset when the media uses the term "Assault Rifle" whenever a semi-automatic AR15 or an AK47 was used in a shooting. Mostly because the term is inaccurate. We all know civilian versions of these rifles do not have select fire capabilities. One question is whether full-auto and 3-shot-burst modes make these rifles a whole lot more powerful/deadly? In the context of mass-shootings probably not that much as the shooters don't encounter much resistance and full auto seems more a waste of ammo.

Handguns are still at 75% of all mass shootings, and then we have 10% shot guns, 10% bolt action rifles, and only the remainder is semi-automatic rifles of any type.

a assault rifle is a made up name by the antis. There is no such thing.
Have you ever seen a rifle stamped on the receiver that said assault rifle? When I was in our rifles were stamped m16a1
Just ask any anti to show you a pic of an assault rifle stamped on the reciever it will not happen.

Have you ever seen a rifle stamped on the receiver that said assault rifle? When I was in our rifles were stamped m16a1
Just ask any anti to show you a pic of an assault rifle stamped on the reciever it will not happen.

Of course there are assault rifles. The name is not made up. Assault weapons is made up.

Cars don't come labeled "car".

Actually you are wrong about that. Way back when Bushmaster made a rifle they called the "Assault Rifle" and it is stamped in the side.

folder.JPG

1_rifles_ft_bushmaster_assault_rifle_83066.jpg

I tend to get upset when the media uses the term "Assault Rifle" whenever a semi-automatic AR15 or an AK47 was used in a shooting. Mostly because the term is inaccurate. We all know civilian versions of these rifles do not have select fire capabilities. One question is whether full-auto and 3-shot-burst modes make these rifles a whole lot more powerful/deadly? In the context of mass-shootings probably not that much as the shooters don't encounter much resistance and full auto seems more a waste of ammo.

Handguns are still at 75% of all mass shootings, and then we have 10% shot guns, 10% bolt action rifles, and only the remainder is semi-automatic rifles of any type.

It frustrates me too, but they will never change. They attack us using very carefully selected terms that garner fear and other emotional responses from their voting base.

Take a look at this photo from a story I ran across this morning titled "Is this the Most Insensitive Prom Picture Ever?":

BBjeU4X.img?h=392&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=397&y=222.jpg

They focus on both the flag and the guns. The flag showing, of course, according to the media, how very racist the people in the photo are (though I do see a rather dark skinned girl in the group, but we can gloss over that). But they also focus on the guns and their "serious firepower". So in one article, they've managed, very, very poorly, to tie the guns in with the rebel flag as being 'insensitive'.

These people love to tell us what we should think. Some of us are smart enough to think for ourselves ;)

Does anybody know if the AK47s were full auto in the TX drawing contest? That would be interesting to find out.

We still don't know if they had an AK. One gun was identified as a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. The other may have been an AR.

What we do know is that the guns they had were legally owned, background check and all.

You have two things to thank for the inaccurate use of the military term "Assault Rifle". If you remember back in the early 90's, the anti's Sarah and James Brady, Billyboy Clinton and the news media started to use that term to make things sound so much more terrible and serious. The liberal news media caught on and started a mass phycology campaign using this term. You tell a big enough lie to enough people enough times then it becomes the truth. We had that term pounded down our throats for several years back then. Under the US military definition of assault rifle, a semi only rifle does not fit that definition. But you heard the term almost every night on the news so it must be true, right? But, if I choose to, I can assault someone with a single shot .22lr derringer. just a little more confusion there.
Not to get this thread off course. The very same campaign happened with the term "crack cocaine". In reality the drug crack is a synthetic man made drug with a recipe. It is manufactured with pre measured ingredients. Cocaine starts out from an actual plant grown higher than 3,000 ft in the mountains called the coca plant. Yes it has a recipe also but it starts life from a plant. Crack does not.
You tell a big enough lie enough times to enough people, it must be true...........................................
I have been telling people this for 20+ years and some people I tell this to think I am crazy. Because they hear every night on the news.

You have two things to thank for the inaccurate use of the military term "Assault Rifle". If you remember back in the early 90's, the anti's Sarah and James Brady, Billyboy Clinton and the news media started to use that term to make things sound so much more terrible and serious. The liberal news media caught on and started a mass phycology campaign using this term. You tell a big enough lie to enough people enough times then it becomes the truth. We had that term pounded down our throats for several years back then. Under the US military definition of assault rifle, a semi only rifle does not fit that definition. But you heard the term almost every night on the news so it must be true, right? But, if I choose to, I can assault someone with a single shot .22lr derringer. just a little more confusion there.
Not to get this thread off course. The very same campaign happened with the term "crack cocaine". In reality the drug crack is a synthetic man made drug with a recipe. It is manufactured with pre measured ingredients. Cocaine starts out from an actual plant grown higher than 3,000 ft in the mountains called the coca plant. Yes it has a recipe also but it starts life from a plant. Crack does not.
You tell a big enough lie enough times to enough people, it must be true...........................................

I dont know where you got that info but its wrong. Crack cocaine is made from cocaine. Crack is simply the oil based chemicals extracted out of the powder using heat and baking soda.

I dont know where you got that info but its wrong. Crack cocaine is made from cocaine. Crack is simply the oil based chemicals extracted out of the powder using heat and baking soda.

No you are wrong. People take cocaine and reduce it to it's purist form and it turns into small rocks. Then they smoke those rocks. That is called free basing. Crack NEVER starts out as a powder. It is a rock from square one. Then it is smoked like you would do free basing. That is where the confusion comes in. I do know what I am talking about because my sister in the mid 80's had a very serious cocaine problem. She would free base out her bedroom window while my dad was watching TV in the living room. To get cocaine to it purist form, you add some bleach and heat it up and then it turns into a rock. That is what gets out all the impurities they cut the cocaine with. I grew up in the late 70's and through the 80's. I have seen this on the street for myself. You just had the same reaction I get from other people. Plain and simple crack and cocaine are two different things all together. A crack rock has a yellow tint to it. They used to call it a cat piss color. A cocaine rock that has been reduced to it's purist form is a very bright and brilliant white.
It is like ecstasy, That is the old MDMA love drug of the 70's.

Last Edited:
All I know for sure is what the late Whitney Houston said: "crack is whack", which I believe was right before she took another hit ;)

No you are wrong. People take cocaine and reduce it to it's purist form and it turns into small rocks. Then they smoke those rocks. That is called free basing. Crack NEVER starts out as a powder. It is a rock from square one. Then it is smoked like you would do free basing. That is where the confusion comes in. I do know what I am talking about because my sister in the mid 80's had a very serious cocaine problem. She would free base out her bedroom window while my dad was watching TV in the living room. To get cocaine to it purist form, you add some bleach and heat it up and then it turns into a rock. That is what gets out all the impurities they cut the cocaine with. I grew up in the late 70's and through the 80's. I have seen this on the street for myself. You just had the same reaction I get from other people. Plain and simple crack and cocaine are two different things all together. A crack rock has a yellow tint to it. They used to call it a cat piss color. A rock that has been reduced to it's purist form is a very bright and brilliant white.
It is like ecstasy, That is the old MDMA love drug of the 70's.
b

I suggest you try using this thing called Google?

You're confused and misinformed

Actually you are wrong about that. Way back when Bushmaster made a rifle they called the "Assault Rifle" and it is stamped in the side.

View attachment 236905

View attachment 236906
.. Thats not too bad.
Manufacturers were and are out of touch with nomenclature.
Marlin was calling magazines "Clips" up to two years ago with some of their rifles.
I emailed them and they said they were seeking to change that.

They may make firearms but dont know jack bubblegum about the culture/nomenclature. This is very common.

While that's true you got a remember these were manufactured back before the media head latched onto in vilified the term. In hindsight it was pretty stupid but at the time I'm sure it seem like genius

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top