JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can/could possibly see a need. However......

What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Aloha, Mark

looks like most the stuff i did as a kid. using hammers and saws to build things. startin camp fires, jumpin off things...all things that kids should do. the biggest of them is being OUTSIDE!

Looks like a Wednesday afternoon at our (mine and my similarly retarded buddies') fort, clubhouse... whatever that scrapwood shack we built was. It was AWESOME!
Actually it was a POS built by 12 yr olds and resulted in many stitches and tetanus shots... AWESOME!

Last Edited:
looks like most the stuff i did as a kid. using hammers and saws to build things. startin camp fires, jumpin off things...all things that kids should do. the biggest of them is being OUTSIDE!

Yup!

Start cutting something with a Swiss Army knife and have that sucker fold over on your knuckles and you learn pretty fast lol.

My fingers still work and I've never burnt myself so badly that it was a major trauma.

Do boy scouts even do that stuff anymore or has that been ruined in the new PC world too?

I guess it's up to the individual dad's now - or at least the ones who know how to use their hands still.

I keep seeing the Memorials to the Japanese who were placed in those camps but IMHO those things should be ringed with the White Headstones of the Good People who died when WE were Attacked at Pearl Harbor!!!

December 7th just seems to be another day on the Calendar because another group of Terrorists have replaced the Japanese.

LOL......
Reminds me of how have some said that the Boy Scouts (and other such organizations) had a Hitlerjugend sort of purpose.
Aka: making activities "fun" for children, before their indoctrination.

Rrrright.....the Boy Scouts learning to shoot .22 caliber rifles.

Mind you that I recognize that some activities and learning, has dual purposes.

OMG.....don't get me started, about the number of public boat ramps vs public shooting ranges. But, wouldn't it be nice to have an Air Soft range at a Japanese (or American) Public Park?

Aloha, Mark

The problem we have is the laws protect the guilty and stupid. Compounded by the fact that we have too many ambulance chasing attorneys. :mad:

LOL.... I remember as a kid playing on a merry-go-round in Mt. Scott park with a MASS of other kids on it with the bigger kids running along in the outside pushing the thing around.... They got it going so fast that I couldn't hold on anymore and got thrown off and skidded head-first on my back across the grass for what seems like 300' before I came to a halt... :eek:

Looking back now, remembering the SHEER TERROR that I went through.... :s0140:

Maybe all the safeguards, laws, and modern medicine are causing us to pee in our gene pool.

Speaking of the gene pool. Wasn't it in an ED commercial, that I learned that.......

I have less testosterone then my father's generation. And, he had even less than his father's generation.

Ooops......that wasn't about ED. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

LOL.... I remember as a kid playing on a merry-go-round in Mt. Scott park with a MASS of other kids on it with the bigger kids running along in the outside pushing the thing around.... They got it going so fast that I couldn't hold on anymore and got thrown off and skidded head-first on my back across the grass for what seems like 300' before I came to a halt... :eek:

Looking back now, remembering the SHEER TERROR that I went through.... :s0140:

GOOD TIMES!!!

I salute all the kids that earned broken arms and wrists from these diabolic machines! They have gone bravely before us to show the way, but somehow gave way to generations of button-pushing, joystick swiveling, beta males living in dream worlds inside the casa.

This delightful "playset" was no doubt erected by a doting father for his adorable little tyke. It was shiny and new and probably set the ol man back 30 or 40 bucks.
download.jpeg-3.jpg
Fast forward a few years and that sweet little guy and all of his degenerate friends are in the yard, jacked-up on Kool-Ade and penny-candy having a contest to see who can launch themselves offa that rusty, rocking (Dad didn't use enough concrete) death-dealer of a contraption the highest into the trees and hold on.
Even better is if naive dad placed that fun machine within 10' of a neighbor's fence. Oh yeah, I can make it over that...
Oooof.... I gotta go home...
remember when "getting the wind knocked out of you" was almost a daily occurrence?

I keep seeing the Memorials to the Japanese who were placed in those camps but IMHO those things should be ringed with the White Headstones of the Good People who died when WE were Attacked at Pearl Harbor!!!

December 7th just seems to be another day on the Calendar because another group of Terrorists have replaced the Japanese.

I think we squared up when we nuked two of their cities....

What happened to a good old-fashioned game of Space Invaders? ;)

Space Invaders was a HUGE upgrade from our Pong machine! Then Star Wars came out near the pinball machines and cost me a bit of money. By the time I had kids, PacMan was passe and Super Mario came along and ruined it all!!!

Last Edited:
What happened to a good old-fashioned game of Space Invaders? ;)
Buried in a grave slightly shallower than Dodge-Ball, but not nearly as deep as an afternoon of Smear-the-Queer.
Hipsters may pretend to enjoy an Atari or Sega Genesis game of Space Invaders or Asteroids, but there's NO chance of seeing a group of them playing Kill-the-Man-With-the-Ball or King of the Hill (aka: Smear-the-Queer but without the implied invective).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top