JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't found anything from Big Green, themselves that says definitively what MC means.

Took a while but I found a direct reference from 2009. They use the "metal case" term for a bullet that is described as "UMC MC" in an accompanying table.

"Initial loadings will be the Remington Core-Lokt® or Premier® AccuTip available in 125 grain bullet weights and a UMC® metal case practice round loaded with a 123 gr bullet."

Remington Introduces 30 Remington AR

Metal case. It's been that way since before I was born. I have a book written in 1972 that references "MC" as metal cased. Remington came up with the name, as to make it sound less destructive than the military jargon: Full Metal Jacket "FMJ". However, they are the same thing. Other associated names are Full metal case "FMC" and TMJ (total metal jacket). However, TMJ bullets are generally just copper plated pistol bullets. Not exactly the same thing as a FMJ or MC rifle bullets.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top