JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
He's calling them "personalized guns" so that must make it a different idea, eh?

Massachusetts’ Markey revives ‘smart gun’ debate

Massachusetts Senator Edward Markey today announced that he will push legislation requiring that all new firearms be “personalized” as his panacea to so-called “gun violence,” which is yet another revival of the “smart gun” debate that has raged off and on for years.

<broken link removed>

Tell you what, we can talk about smart guns once we've figured out all those other things in our everyday life that while less sexy, are upwards of 50 times more likely to kill you than a firearm is.

Who's paying for the brain transplant for the 350 million dumb guns? other wise I think I read that the average firearm used in crime is 7 years away from new.

sorry dave i didnt read the article but from what i have read in the past about this type of firearm, they would be much more popular if you could actually rely on them. it would be a huge mistake for people to allow any legislation that would require all new weapons be made with this technology. if it were reliable enough for our military to adopt it, then they may have some ground to stand on. until then all they are doing is putting people at risk.

Just like computers. How long till someone cracks them or sells an override chip or similar???? Better yet the criminals get a "chip" that shuts down LEO guns...........

This tech just like solar panels and obamacare website will be a miserable failure.
It will probably be govt backed businesses that get hundreds of millions of dollars and come up with junk that does't work or has a high failure rate.
And with any tech these days the govt will probably be able to remotely shut it down.
They will make a secret kill switch in it.

My company uses finger print scanners and they are poop. If your hands are cold and blood flow is constricted your print is different and it doesn't work, if yiu have worked with a lot of money or chemicals, acids, etc it won't read your prints, old people doesn't read the print.

Last thing i want it to have to use a gun and the damn thing says i can't read it.
What if I buy the gun and my wife is home alone and she needs to fight off a burglar?
So they will sell ten times as many guns.

And with any tech some 13 year old kid will find a way to hack it

Whatwill they do with the huge volume of guns that are already out there? What about the black market of guns coming from other countries? Criminals will always find a way.

I say we make this tech and have the secret service try it out for 10 years to test.
See all those gun grabbing snakes want it protecting them.

Plus if they did have them how expensive is that gun going to be?

I'll stick with my $500 glock. It goes bang everytime.

Just like computers. How long till someone cracks them or sells an override chip or similar???? Better yet the criminals get a "chip" that shuts down LEO guns...........

My thoughts exactly. See, criminals and people intent on doing bad things don't follow the rules. Gosh, not like we've ever seen a secure computer system hacked....

What utter nonsense. The simple answer from where I sit is "punish the bad guys" but that seems to fly right over the head of the powers that be.....

Are these politicians really getting gun control ideas from movies? If they want to make a gun unusable by a criminal, drop gun control. Try real criminal control. Drop some of the B.S. laws that criminalize good people. That would actually work. Prosecute violent crime with extreme prejudice. The "gun violence" problem will resolve itself.

But we all know that this isn't about controlling "gun violence"

The politicians will never, ever admit that people intent on doing harm and criminals don't follow the rules. That would tear down their whole persona and idea of having power over the people. It's happening in Connecticut though and it's a good start.

That is the issue.

The politicians will never, ever admit that people intent on doing harm and criminals don't follow the rules. That would tear down their whole persona and idea of having power over the people. It's happening in Connecticut though and it's a good start.

That is the issue.

But anti-gun liberals use the words "common sense" and " its for our children's sake"......

Hmm....I think I heard this once before.

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

&#8213; Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Once tested this would fail muster and be found unconstitutional. I.E. By doing so it effectively prohibits gun sales.

Edited to correct misinformation. I was under the impression the battle was won over micro-stamping in CA. Apparently the case hasn't actually been decided yet.

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

&#8213; Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Actually a Rabbi wrote that in a fictional letter to Hitler.

Know what???

BS C&P?

Yes

r2ub1h.jpg

Once tested this would fail muster and be found unconstitutional. California tried this with the micro stamping and lost when it was challenged because the cost to implement was prohibitive. I.E. By doing so it effectively prohibited gun sales.

HUH? When did California stop going ahead with its Micro stamping scheme. Maybe you should tell Ruger and S&W they don't need to worry about it. Here they just said they will be stopping sales of new models (in CA) due to the enactment of the Microstamping laws in CA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top