JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HUH? When did California stop going ahead with its Micro stamping scheme. Maybe you should tell Ruger and S&W they don't need to worry about it. Here they just said they will be stopping sales of new models (in CA) due to the enactment of the Microstamping laws in CA

Let me double check it, I'm pretty sure there was a court battle that they won over this but I'll need to find the article to be certain.

Looks like the plan is to make guns too expensive to purchase while making them less reliable. I may have to resort to using Piers Morgan as a human shield - it might be cheaper and more effective.

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

Hitler or not, it sure rings true.

HUH? When did California stop going ahead with its Micro stamping scheme. Maybe you should tell Ruger and S&W they don't need to worry about it. Here they just said they will be stopping sales of new models (in CA) due to the enactment of the Microstamping laws in CA
Corrected the first post. Apparently this battle is still undecided.

First ?smart? pistol hits shelves in California | Fox News

"The pistol sells for $1,399 and the watch retails for another $399"

Wanna bet there's a Solindra style subsidy to develop this junk.

The company is betting that demand for the technology will increase as consumers seek guns modified for safety.

I wouldn't bet on it!! I can buy another nice Kimber for $1800! or three Glocks (but I'd never have a Glock due to lacking a real safety).

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Actually a Rabbi wrote that in a fictional letter to Hitler.

Not just any Rabbi! Our famous local Rabbi Lapin, who was in cahoots with Jack Abramoff. I've seen him around Seattle, although he keeps a much lower profile in the media these days.

I'm in two minds about smart guns. I agree they should not be legislated and are not a panacea for anything.

However, I love gadgets and I already have plenty of gun related items that use technology like biometrics (https://www.thegunbox.com/), holograms (L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapons Systems) and lasers (<broken link removed>). Forty years ago that was all unreliable technology and/or science fiction. I don't see in theory why a smart gun couldn't be made as reliable as one of these devices at some point, and I'm intrigued to see where they can go. It's never going to be 100% reliable, but then neither is my gun. Either way, I don't reject it out of hand, as long as it's not legislated. I also do agree that the perceived safety advantages could ease the path to gun ownership for some people as well.

The $1400 German smart gun is a joke though - it's a .22 so even if you could find the ammo, it's only for target shooting. :)

That would not be effective at all. Once hit Piers Morgan would just leak vinegar all over the place, being a d-bag that he is.

Well, I also figured out another problem with that strategy - pretty much anybody would want to shoot Piers because, well, just look at him. Here I would be standing right behind him when it's happening. Way too much excitement for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top