JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a feed issue with a Marlin Model 60. It is jamming and sometimes shredding a sliver off the bottom of the shot.

I am pretty sure I am looking at swapping out the feed throat and maybe an ejector spring. The current feed throat does indicate a bit of wear. I read in another forum that brownells sells a steel feed throat that should help avoid a recurrence of the issue so I placed it on order. part #24: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=285/schematicsdetail/60

Has anyone else come across this issue that can confirm it? Anyone tried undertaking the repair process? I was thinking of having a pro take a look at it so I don't poke my eye out with a spring.

Until recently it has been a solid rifle. Has gone through thousands of rounds without a hitch.

Will.

I have a feed issue with a Marlin Model 60. It is jamming and sometimes shredding a sliver off the bottom of the shot.

I am pretty sure I am looking at swapping out the feed throat and maybe an ejector spring. The current feed throat does indicate a bit of wear. I read in another forum that brownells sells a steel feed throat that should help avoid a recurrence of the issue so I placed it on order. part #24: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=285/schematicsdetail/60

Has anyone else come across this issue that can confirm it? Anyone tried undertaking the repair process? I was thinking of having a pro take a look at it so I don't poke my eye out with a spring.

Until recently it has been a solid rifle. Has gone through thousands of rounds without a hitch.

Will.

Good call on the feed throat. That is the likely suspect.
I have replaced a few of them lately in the shop.

Make sure to note if you have the 3-lug vs the 4-lug feed throat.

oops, I hope that is the 4 lug, brownells does not specify. Oh well, it's only 14 bucks wasted if it is the wrong one.

Yeah, I guess I could make due either way, I know for a fact that my action is a 4 lug so as long as the holes match up a 3 lug tube will work fine if that is what i end up with.

I'll post the results when i get it/find someone to install it. I thought it was going to be a simple job but as far as I can tell it has to be completely torn down.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews