JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a feed issue with a Marlin Model 60. It is jamming and sometimes shredding a sliver off the bottom of the shot.

I am pretty sure I am looking at swapping out the feed throat and maybe an ejector spring. The current feed throat does indicate a bit of wear. I read in another forum that brownells sells a steel feed throat that should help avoid a recurrence of the issue so I placed it on order. part #24: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=285/schematicsdetail/60

Has anyone else come across this issue that can confirm it? Anyone tried undertaking the repair process? I was thinking of having a pro take a look at it so I don't poke my eye out with a spring.

Until recently it has been a solid rifle. Has gone through thousands of rounds without a hitch.

Will.

I have a feed issue with a Marlin Model 60. It is jamming and sometimes shredding a sliver off the bottom of the shot.

I am pretty sure I am looking at swapping out the feed throat and maybe an ejector spring. The current feed throat does indicate a bit of wear. I read in another forum that brownells sells a steel feed throat that should help avoid a recurrence of the issue so I placed it on order. part #24: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=285/schematicsdetail/60

Has anyone else come across this issue that can confirm it? Anyone tried undertaking the repair process? I was thinking of having a pro take a look at it so I don't poke my eye out with a spring.

Until recently it has been a solid rifle. Has gone through thousands of rounds without a hitch.

Will.

Good call on the feed throat. That is the likely suspect.
I have replaced a few of them lately in the shop.

Make sure to note if you have the 3-lug vs the 4-lug feed throat.

oops, I hope that is the 4 lug, brownells does not specify. Oh well, it's only 14 bucks wasted if it is the wrong one.

Yeah, I guess I could make due either way, I know for a fact that my action is a 4 lug so as long as the holes match up a 3 lug tube will work fine if that is what i end up with.

I'll post the results when i get it/find someone to install it. I thought it was going to be a simple job but as far as I can tell it has to be completely torn down.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top