Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Maps

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Riot, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

You guys know where I can get MGRS maps of Washington State? I can find a lot of topographical maps and a few Lat/Long, but no MGRS unless they happen to be right over the Yakima Firing Center.

In fact, if you just know a good place or site for good maps (MGRS or not) I'm down as well....tired of going on Google Earth and printing out all my catridges in one sitting- especially since they don't have grid squares.

Thanks in advance...

2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There's a group in Portland called the Mazamas. I suspect there is a Washington office. They are a mountaineering group and I know that members have access to a large cache of maps. If they can't help you they should steer you in the right direction.

3. dmwebb34

dmwebb34 Bend, OR Member

I download all my topo maps for free and then print them... They have lat/long and UTM..but some of the UTM is based on older Datums so if you are converting to WGS84 it might be off a little bit.

http://store.usgs.gov

Look on the right side of the page for the 'Download' link under TOPO MAPS

4. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

Wise old man once said, " In order to know where you are going, it is wise to remember where you have been." Greydog.

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Mucho Gracias

6. dmwebb34

dmwebb34 Bend, OR Member

no problem.. :)