JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Legislation such as IP18, etc?

Well, IMHO.....it's one more bite out of the 2nd A.

BUT, I guess to/for some people, they're cool with that.

The 2nd Amendment according to the Liberals..…

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

+++++++++++++++

Put me on that jury.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Yes. The pin would be welded so it could not be pushed out to release upper from lower. But the upper would still be free to pivot on the pin.
What is there to prevent you from just replacing the original AR takedown pin (or screw/pin) with a threaded bolt then simply welding the nut(s) on the end(s)?

BUT.....I suspect that you knew that.

Yeah....maybe it's FUN to play these mental games?
Whatever_dude.gif

Aloha, Mark

@arakboss Does something or somebody have you spooked? Myself, like the majority here just can't wrap our heads around your vision unless you are just trolling us for a good time. Why not slap a bullet button in it, make the rifle damn near featureless and sell it to a dealer in California tomorrow? 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. Asking about neutering legally owned property AHEAD of any possible laws is what they want. They WANT compliance. They use scare tactics and silly feel-good "laws" just like Covid "data" and vaccine mandates. It seems to work, but it's disheartening to see people fall for it. Might as well strap a mask to the end of it too, just in case.

Agreed. Asking about neutering legally owned property AHEAD of any possible laws is what they want. They WANT compliance. They use scare tactics and silly feel-good "laws" just like Covid "data" and vaccine mandates. It seems to work, but it's disheartening to see people fall for it. Might as well strap a mask to the end of it too, just in case.
Those silly bodies piling up are so silly! To the OP, I'd say it's an AR so it's really not worth the time.

sorry. i'm late to the actual thread derailment party.

this whole 17/18 thing… does it prevent the resale of uppers and BCGs?

lowers are $69 all day long. pretty much disposable.

the value of an AR is the upper, FCG and BCG, which can be sold without any adult supervision?

i'm missing something. i know.

the value of an AR is the upper, FCG and BCG, which can be sold without any adult supervision?

My understanding is that a part that can be assembled into a banned semi-automatic firearm will be considered an assault weapon and will also be banned. We can discuss for 8 pages what "assembled into" means but my assumption is that it will include any and all parts that would make a manual loading rifle into a semi-auto rifle.

(f) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a rifle into a semiautomatic assault firearm as described in paragraphs (a) to (e) of this subsection, or that can be assembled into a semiautomatic assault firearm as described in paragraphs (a) to (e) of this subsection.

This is exactly what they want.
What they really want is to spoon feed us this type of legislation (and much worse in the future) so they can pass it one step at a time. It doesn't really matter if NWFA members publicly say they are not going to comply with it, if the majority of Oregonians vote to approve it.

They would be happy to here that a bunch of us aren't worried about this legislation because we are not going to comply with it. They know those who choose to ignore it are not going to oppose it on the election front. Less opposition means the legislation is more likely to pass.

I don't see the upside for LEVO with us showing concern about the Initiatives passing?

Edit: Experienced firearm owners who blow off IP 17 and IP 18 as silly and not impactful to our firearm freedoms may help these IPs get passed. Less experienced firearm enthusiasts may see our lack of concern as a sign that there is nothing to see here, nothing to worry about, go back to living your life. Some will interpret these IPs as allowing for us to easily and legally dodge many of the restrictions.

I can tell you that when I see legislation restrictions coming for an activity that I am not concerned about, I don't make an effort to oppose it. I will most likely vote no on it but I won't spread the word and raise awareness about the legislation. This could very well happen with these IPs if we continually downplay them. The opposition is going to have a tough enough time fighting these IPs. Having experienced firearm owners sit on the sidelines and spout off about how insignificant these restrictions will be, won't make that job easier.

Last Edited:

Lowers will most certainly be on the list of banned parts.

Thanks to everbody for turning my simple question into an intervention. Since nearly every other member who replied disagreed with my opposition to IP 17 and IP 18, I reexamined my position and have now seen the light. From here on out any words I share on this forum regarding these IP's and their amendments will be to downplay them, disregard them, ignore them, to not comply with them, to minimize the impact they will have, etc. You guys and birthing persons are the best.

My blood pressure has already fallen to a normal level of 190/130. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, LEVO.

P.S. sorry we couldn't go 8 pages but you are welcome to drag it out on your own.

Last Edited:
I guess I'm a little confused. These IPs are still in the signature gathering phase. Nothing ready to put to vote. Not that that's a reason for us to relax, but why get caught up in something that may or may not even make it on a ballot? California still can't get their high cap ban to take effect, so even if this makes it on a ballot and passes (and I really doubt it will) it will get wrapped up in the courts immediately.

It's unconstitutional. I'm not going to neuter my firearms and magazines on "what ifs" and "maybes". I'm not going to neuter my firearms and magazines for any reason.

We have to stand for something or we fall for everything.

That's my decision.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews