JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread reads like we've already accepted 17+18 will pass. I hope we haven't, as there's still a year to fight it

I will but I like options and not being able to transfer them legally doesn't sit well with me.
I think that many people will react to these types of laws by saying "F it". If there isn't a realistic self defense option allowed by law and a person has to break one gun law just to be able to defend their home, then they'll decide they might as well break the other ones too. Especially if the other ones are lesser crimes. I'm not recommending that people ignore the law, I am forecasting what some people will decide to do. Everyone has to make their own informed decisions about the consequences of getting caught versus the benefit of having better self defense available.

I think that many people will react to these types of laws by saying "F it". If there isn't a realistic self defense option allowed by law and a person has to break one gun law just to be able to defend their home, then they'll decide they might as well break the other ones too. Especially if the other ones are lesser crimes. I'm not recommending that people ignore the law, I am forecasting what some people will decide to do. Everyone has to make their own informed decisions about the consequences of getting caught versus the benefit of having better self defense available.
I am good with whatever people want to do and that includes being good with those who want to maintain their ability to sell/transfer their ARs if IP 18 passes. If I am on a jury for a trial where the defendant is being tried for violating gun restriction laws, you can count on there being at least one jury vote of not guilty.

Last Edited:
Nope, that negates the entire point of a civilian AR.
This was kind of my thought as well. Why would anyone want a SS AR when so many other practical (and probably much more accurate) rifles exist.? AND is this assuming the hypothetical possibility of ALL repeating rifles being SS only or just those that were mag fed? Because if (again hypothetically) non-mag fed repeaters were still legal then wouldn't it be more practical to own one of them? (such as a lever action)

Heck, I am already set with my NEF Handi-Rifle (still considering the ejector modification for it)

100_1155.jpg

Last Edited:
This was kind of my thought as well. Why would anyone want a SS AR when so many other practical (and probably much more accurate) rifles exist.?

Heck, I am already set with my NEF Handi-Rifle (still considering the ejector modification for it)

View attachment 1093430
The AR platform is enjoyed by many for the ability to customize it. That aspect will exist whether it loads itself after each trigger pull or you have to charge it after each trigger pull. I think there is plenty of accuracy potential in the AR platform.

There are TONS of tribal-minded DF's that frequent this forum…. The "be excellent" rule is the only thing that's kept me back from continually shredding on them.
its more complicated than that. The people that need to be reached are the smack dab in the middle political moderates, especially the ones that dont own guns but are open to it being legal. Brand new gun owners, that often have liberal politics. I dont see these people lurking or joining gun forums much.
Whats a "DF"?

its more complicated than that. The people that need to be reached are the smack dab in the middle political moderates, especially the ones that dont own guns but are open to it being legal. Brand new gun owners, that often have liberal politics. I dont see these people lurking or joining gun forums much.
Whats a "DF"?
IQ deficient Breeder

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews