JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would just beat one end with a BFH and mushroom it out. Problem solved one page in and not eight pages out. Kthxbye

Just so I understand: the pin would be welded in the closed configuration and unable to slide open due to the weld…? No (assumed) need to ever replace an upper or lower receiver?
Yes. The pin would be welded so it could not be pushed out to release upper from lower. But the upper would still be free to pivot on the pin.

I don't understand the point of this modification. You gain nothing and lose something. I mean, it's your property so do what jingles your bells........

Yes, it would definitely hinder things but most repairs or part replacements could still happen with some ingenuity. Even a barrel replacement.

There is other ways to do it with a drill press. Both are really bad ideas because someone will try to hammer them out and destroy the receiver.

To permanently fix the front pin. Drill the take down pin detent hole deeper. You will never get the pin out without damaging the receiver.

To make it to require tools to remove, after drilling the detent hole deeper, drill a small hole from the bottom of the detent hole through the other side of the detent pin head. Then you can use paper clip to push the dentent pin to release the take down pin. This only works if the handguard allows clearance for a paper clip.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top