JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well that's cute. She is rethinking assault weapons ban. Well why not they didn't follow up with their YELLOW FLAG LAW. Let that one to the CHITTER and then say lets BAN the gun. It's the one that's at fault. How can we go wrong in this country with great people like this running it.

Never mind the fact that, I read that he took a M4 and mags from his ANG lock up, so lets ban the ANG morons that allowed this nut job to have access to the base in the first place.

I highly doubt that he used a government weapon.

Also, ANG is Air National Guard. ARNG is Army National Guard.
I hope that's the case. I was an armory custodian for a portion of my time in the Marines. Not saying you couldn't sneak a weapon out but it would be hard to do so.

SOP was to take inventory of the entire armory before taking possession of the keys. And before handing off the keys to the next shift you would repeat inventory with the oncoming Marine.

If the government/military cares about one thing it's firearms/ammunition….. minus the Brandon sh!t show in Afghanistan….. when you do head counts you're not counting bodies. You're counting weapons.

Before a 96 long weekend a unit rushed back from the field (summer time in 29 Palms). Well little private was supposed to be home for the holiday. Mom called the base when he didn't show up. The unit went back and counted the rifles and guess who's was missing…. The Marine died from heat stroke in the desert and the entire chain of command was relieved.

Last Edited:
I hope that's the case. I was an armory custodian for a portion of my time in the Marines. Not saying you couldn't sneak a weapon out but it would be hard to do so.

SOP was to take inventory of the entire armory before taking possession of the keys. And before handing off the keys to the next shift you would repeat inventory with the oncoming Marine.

If the government/military cares about one thing it's firearms/ammunition….. minus the Brandon sh!t show in Afghanistan….. when you do head counts you're not counting bodies. You're counting weapons.

Before a 96 long weekend we had a unit rush back from the field (summer time in 29 Palms). Well little private was supposed to be home for the holiday. Mom called the base when he didn't show up. The unit went back and counted the rifles and guess who's was missing…. The Marine died from heat stroke in the desert and the entire chain of command was relieved.
I can imagine, I've seen how antsy the higher ups were when two bayonets were misplaced...

Before a 96 long weekend we had a unit rush back from the field (summer time in 29 Palms). Well little private was supposed to be home for the holiday. Mom called the base when he didn't show up. The unit went back and counted the rifles and guess who's was missing…. The Marine died from heat stroke in the desert and the entire chain of command was relieved.

Wasn't that the private who died in the desert that was given the responsibility to direct traffic to the outgoing trucks and the last truck failed to pick him up.
He tried to hike out after waiting for somebody to come back for him.

Wasn't that the private who died in the desert who was given the responsibility to direct traffic to the outgoing trucks and the last truck failed to pick him up.
He tried to hike out after waiting for somebody to come back for him.
Yup. Road guard that got left behind. Started walking in the direction of the highway but never made it.

I was junior enlisted when that happened. It taught me that I'd better look out for myself and not blindly believe my CoC would always have my back. One of my unusual assignments in OEF was to play sentry for C-130's at remote dirt strips. I'd run 50 yards off the tail after we landed while the receiving unit took their delivery and sped away. The pilots made it clear that if we ever took effective fire they would throttle up and leave. Sure they'd call for someone else to come back for me, but that was not reassuring. I always brought extra ammo, NVGs, and water in case I was on my own. It's sad that lance corporal died, but I think there were a lot of us at the time who benefitted from the lessons that resulted.

RIP Marine.

Yep that's the way flags work.
Police across Maine were alerted just last month to "veiled threats" by the U.S. Army reservist who would go on to carry out the worst mass shooting in the state's history, one of a string of missed red flags that preceded the massacre.

Two local law enforcement chiefs told The Associated Press that a statewide awareness alert was sent in mid-September to be on the lookout for Robert Card after the firearms instructor made threats against his base and fellow soldiers. But after stepped-up patrols of the base and a visit to Card's home – neither of which turned up any sign of him – they moved on.

"

Haven't read/heard of such before the above posting.

Any confirmation on such, or just a hypothetical?
Not that anyone cares, but this is when "I" stop reading. I'd advise, that without some kind of link to at least some kind of corroboration of stories that you not consider any of it the truth.

If you read it, post a link. How hard is that?

Not that anyone cares, but this is when "I" stop reading. I'd advise, that without some kind of link to at least some kind of corroboration of stories that you not consider any of it the truth.
"You can't handle the truth!" (Sorry. Couldn't get the Jack Nicholson gif.) :D

The ATF announced he acquired his weapons fairly recently.
One news report I was listening to about this mentioned he had bought the AR 10 only a couple weeks before entering into his psych treatment/lockup whatever it was.

I wish I could remember which is was but it was just YT background noise at the time and I was only paying half attention.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews