JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good friend of mine sent me a link to what seemed like a good deal on a Gen 1 MS4 sling today. Seemed like the price was right for a Gen 1, and looked like it was good to go. Come to find out after he placed the order (and read the description) that it's from the 'PTS' line. Of course it's already marked shipped, so it's too late to cancel now.

MAGPUL MS4 Sling Dual QD Multi Mission Sling System 2 in 1 (Black) | eBay

I had no idea the Magpul PTS line was a thing, apparently made for airsoft? Heads up for anyone else who might have not known :confused:

So is this stuff licensed by Magpul or what? In that photo on eBay the packaging looked just like the real thing IIRC (assuming that was an actual photo, probably not).

A good friend of mine sent me a link to what seemed like a good deal on a Gen 1 MS4 sling today. Seemed like the price was right for a Gen 1, and looked like it was good to go. Come to find out after he placed the order (and read the description) that it's from the 'PTS' line. Of course it's already marked shipped, so it's too late to cancel now.

MAGPUL MS4 Sling Dual QD Multi Mission Sling System 2 in 1 (Black) | eBay

I had no idea the Magpul PTS line was a thing, apparently made for airsoft? Heads up for anyone else who might have not known :confused:

I bought a set of PTS Magpul BUIS off ebay that I thought was just a smokin deal on the real thing.

You are not the first person to fall for something of this nature.

"if it seems to good to be true"

The PTS MBUS on ebay had several people fooled over the years. I thought I got a great deal on some "Magpul" MBUS front and rear sights for $20 shipped over 5 years ago but come to find these were "PTS". Went on my M&P 15-22 and i've had no issues at all with them. I've tempted myself to put them on a lightlweight AR15 build but opted for something more reputable. Next to a genuine set of MBUS sights that I already had, they looked nearly legit. The feel of the real ones just feels more solid.

The PTS MBUS on ebay had several people fooled over the years. I thought I got a great deal on some "Magpul" MBUS front and rear sights for $20 shipped over 5 years ago but come to find these were "PTS". Went on my M&P 15-22 and i've had no issues at all with them. I've tempted myself to put them on a lightlweight AR15 build but opted for something more reputable. Next to a genuine set of MBUS sights that I already had, they looked nearly legit. The feel of the real ones just feels more solid.

My understanding is they are made from a basic plastic rather than the regular Magpul polomer but other than that are really the same. (I think they also use a cheaper screw)

its good for super budget builds!

how else do u think i built a $360 AR
As long as it only shoots plastic bullets, I think you're OK.

"Professional Training System". Meh. Made in China I presume.

No markings indicating the difference. Hopefully soon there will be, this looks like trouble on the reseller market.

PTS = Phởking Tango Shyte.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads