JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a retail store I think it's a great display. I don't think the vast majority of AR owners would want one hanging on the wall of their home, but I suppose there are likely to be a small percentage who would.

I would not put a AR on display anywhere, maybe a ol lever action or Blunderbuss at a cabin. I am a AR nut and own over a dozen, but I can't see ever hanging one on the wall.

I'd be nervous with anything that has a mount that sits right in front of the trigger. For home, I agree that I would want it locked up. I use this wall mounted AR 15 safe.

http://www.shotlock.com/ShotLock_AR.php

it would be easy to steal but great for fast access and protects it from kids. My VEPR 12 wont fit in it though :(

If you made a lockable wall mount that would fit a VEPR 12 I'd buy it :)

I use a Shotlock, too! They are really great in terms of security. However, if you are sporting optics at all, then you have to stick to a 20rd magazine in order to be able to remove it. I have an Aimpoint on top so I keep it loaded (condition 1, cocked and locked...so 20+1) with a 20rd mag and then it also holds another 30rd mag. Next to this set up are 2 more mags and ear muffs.

EDIT

How can we tell what we think of it without also being helpful with comments about what might be better? I don't understand your moderation of the direction of this thread. Sorry to offend you with my off-topic rant extolling the virtues of a different option for mounting an AR on the wall.

EDIT

Last Edited:
What was the topic? The thread is somewhat pointless. The product is NOT a Magpul product at all. If you notice in the ad, "Magpul" is just included as click bait. It is just a plastic piece of crap on the wall.

How can we tell what we think of it without also being helpful with comments about what might be better? I don't understand your moderation of the direction of this thread. Sorry to offend you with my off-topic rant extolling the virtues of a different option for mounting an AR on the wall.

Okay, if my response must ONLY be about the OP's question: I think that wall mount is a piece of crap. Don't bother.

The OP made this mount and was asking what we thought. Im sure he will appreciate your feedback :D

Oops. Open mouth insert foot...

Okay, I'll be more specific about why I made such a negative assessment of the product. I think the photos are really problematic. They appear to be cell phone photos with unimpressive lighting. The product seems to have no purpose. Truly, is this for proudly displaying an great rifle in your front room? Is it for quick access in your bedroom? I doubt anybody has need for displaying their rifle. And if it is for quick access, then what is up with a key lock? I just can't imagine the quality is high enough for anything but visual display. If display is the purpose, then why bother with a lock? And he says this is not a security device. I don't get it.

By the way...Mr. jptcustoms. If you are going to ask us our opinion, it would be nice to start the thread with something like: "This is a mount I designed. Here is my listing. What do you think?" That way, I don't miss that you are the person who designed it and then crap all over your honest attempt at...something. Please help us understand the purpose you are trying to fulfill.

Last Edited:
If a LE happen to walk by your house and accidentally saw your display. It is a reasonable cause for them to search your house without a search warrant. Please think twice about display any firearms or ammunitions.

The only thing that I want mounted up inside my AR mag well is a loaded magazine.
Anything else is in the way in case I need to use it.

Benny, reasonable cause? I strongly disagree that a display of a legal product would be cause for search. What about my 2 very sharp Samurai swords above my mantle?

Stomper, my frustration is that a request for our opinion wasn't clear that he, indeed, was the seller or the inventor. Also, I am frustrated at such a worthless, purposeless product. I waited patiently for a year for Shotlock's promised AR-15 secure storage device. It is great for its intended purpose, which is discreet and secure storage of my LOADED AR-15. This item is poorly conceived and the marketing inspires head-scratching. God bless capitalism, though.

Benny, reasonable cause? I strongly disagree that a display of a legal product would be cause for search. What about my 2 very sharp Samurai swords above my mantle?

Stomper, my frustration is that a request for our opinion wasn't clear that he, indeed, was the seller or the inventor. Also, I am frustrated at such a worthless, purposeless product. I waited patiently for a year for Shotlock's promised AR-15 secure storage device. It is great for its intended purpose, which is discreet and secure storage of my LOADED AR-15. This item is poorly conceived and the marketing inspires head-scratching. God bless capitalism, though.

OK, so you're frustrated. He asked what "we" thought about that wall mount. I was able to work out that he was the one selling his concept on eBay, because he's using the same screen/user name there as he is here. I gave my input on the level of security and usefulness that I perceived it was good for, and also stated my "tastes" in home decor, and that it didn't fall within those tastes.

He didn't ask for input on another mounting system, and he didn't ask (or deserve) to be shredded by a hot-headed dude that got torqued for being politely nudged with an emotion to stay on topic instead of perhaps getting called out for being a rude Richard-Cranium. o_O

Thank you for your opinions, keep them coming.

"If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance"
Orville Wright

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads