Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Magpul AR wall mount

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by jptcustoms, May 11, 2015.

1. jptcustoms

jptcustoms Portland Or New Member

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

For a unique display option to keep your kids at bay while you are home it's pretty neat, but not truly secure outside of a gun safe/vault.

As for me, I'm not into displaying animal parts/bits or firearms around the house as decor.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  3. jptcustoms

Thanks for the feedback

4. JedB

JedB PDX Active Member

You have a unique solution, just not sure it's secure.

5. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

For a retail store I think it's a great display. I don't think the vast majority of AR owners would want one hanging on the wall of their home, but I suppose there are likely to be a small percentage who would.

I would not put a AR on display anywhere, maybe a ol lever action or Blunderbuss at a cabin. I am a AR nut and own over a dozen, but I can't see ever hanging one on the wall.

jluck likes this.
  6. jptcustoms

Its being sold via ebay link or i will fulfill outside of ebay with local area meetup.

7. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Moved to discussion area

8. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

Great for retail sales or product display as IM said. I prefer keeping my guns (if I owned any) in a fire proof safe. Out of sight. ..

Dreams of Steel likes this.
  9. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'd be nervous with anything that has a mount that sits right in front of the trigger. For home, I agree that I would want it locked up. I use this wall mounted AR 15 safe.

http://www.shotlock.com/ShotLock_AR.php

it would be easy to steal but great for fast access and protects it from kids. My VEPR 12 wont fit in it though :(

If you made a lockable wall mount that would fit a VEPR 12 I'd buy it :)

CHLChris likes this.
  10. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

I use a Shotlock, too! They are really great in terms of security. However, if you are sporting optics at all, then you have to stick to a 20rd magazine in order to be able to remove it. I have an Aimpoint on top so I keep it loaded (condition 1, cocked and locked...so 20+1) with a 20rd mag and then it also holds another 30rd mag. Next to this set up are 2 more mags and ear muffs.

11. Stomper

:s0128:

12. CHLChris

EDIT

How can we tell what we think of it without also being helpful with comments about what might be better? I don't understand your moderation of the direction of this thread. Sorry to offend you with my off-topic rant extolling the virtues of a different option for mounting an AR on the wall.

EDIT

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    jbett98 likes this.
  13. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

The OP made this mount and was asking what we thought. Im sure he will appreciate your feedback :D

14. CHLChris

Oops. Open mouth insert foot...

Okay, I'll be more specific about why I made such a negative assessment of the product. I think the photos are really problematic. They appear to be cell phone photos with unimpressive lighting. The product seems to have no purpose. Truly, is this for proudly displaying an great rifle in your front room? Is it for quick access in your bedroom? I doubt anybody has need for displaying their rifle. And if it is for quick access, then what is up with a key lock? I just can't imagine the quality is high enough for anything but visual display. If display is the purpose, then why bother with a lock? And he says this is not a security device. I don't get it.

By the way...Mr. jptcustoms. If you are going to ask us our opinion, it would be nice to start the thread with something like: "This is a mount I designed. Here is my listing. What do you think?" That way, I don't miss that you are the person who designed it and then crap all over your honest attempt at...something. Please help us understand the purpose you are trying to fulfill.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  15. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

If a LE happen to walk by your house and accidentally saw your display. It is a reasonable cause for them to search your house without a search warrant. Please think twice about display any firearms or ammunitions.

16. Stomper

CHLChris.... I sense anger and frustration. :rolleyes:

Benny, why do you think a LEO has probable cause to search your house w/o a search warrant for merely observing a legal to own firearm that's on display in a private residence?

17. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The only thing that I want mounted up inside my AR mag well is a loaded magazine.
    Anything else is in the way in case I need to use it.

18. CHLChris

Benny, reasonable cause? I strongly disagree that a display of a legal product would be cause for search. What about my 2 very sharp Samurai swords above my mantle?

Stomper, my frustration is that a request for our opinion wasn't clear that he, indeed, was the seller or the inventor. Also, I am frustrated at such a worthless, purposeless product. I waited patiently for a year for Shotlock's promised AR-15 secure storage device. It is great for its intended purpose, which is discreet and secure storage of my LOADED AR-15. This item is poorly conceived and the marketing inspires head-scratching. God bless capitalism, though.

19. Stomper

OK, so you're frustrated. He asked what "we" thought about that wall mount. I was able to work out that he was the one selling his concept on eBay, because he's using the same screen/user name there as he is here. I gave my input on the level of security and usefulness that I perceived it was good for, and also stated my "tastes" in home decor, and that it didn't fall within those tastes.

He didn't ask for input on another mounting system, and he didn't ask (or deserve) to be shredded by a hot-headed dude that got torqued for being politely nudged with an emotion to stay on topic instead of perhaps getting called out for being a rude Richard-Cranium. o_O

20. jptcustoms

Thank you for your opinions, keep them coming.

“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
    Orville Wright