JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been searching forums for a solution to capping the hole on my Magpul Vertical Foregrip. I have seen several people pose the question of how to cap that grip, one of the solutions was to use the cap from a different brand VFG, however this cap is not sold separately. Another solution I saw proposed was to use a cork. That's what I did. I got this black rubber cork from Ace Hardware for around $2 in their bulk hardware section. I used a razor blade to shave two angled flat sides, cutting a small amount at a time until it fit really tight. It's not completely waterproof, but very close to it. I put a couple batteries inside the grip, I put each battery in a tiny plastic ziplock in case any moisture does happen to get inside. I'm considering drilling a hole through both sides of the grip and the cork in order to install a locking pin, but that might not be necessary. Just wanted to share this solution I came up with for a common problem. I would love to hear your ideas and any other solutions you have come across!

882739BD-3A4F-43B9-9D12-202723518095.jpeg

Something like this out of PETG would probably be nice. Was just thinking about one for the my Magpul Grip. The one I have has a tray for a small bottle of CLP/Lube, but I'd be nice to make a custom one

1591646591644.png

Something like this out of PETG would probably be nice. Was just thinking about one for the my Magpul Grip. The one I have has a tray for a small bottle of CLP/Lube, but I'd be nice to make a custom one

...there are several different "cores" for the Magpul grip. Some fit that oil bottle, some are made for batteries and other things. I'll get a detailed tracing of the bottom of the VFG with measurements to you today when I get home.
View attachment 707944

Lasers,
I took some measurements of the Magpul VFG, and did a little drawing to show what I think the cap might look like. Does your printer have the ability to work with rubber-like plastics, or only hard plastic? I would be happy to buy another VFG and mail it to you if you think that might work better. Please let me know if I can pay you something to make me a cap or two? I imagine that there are lots of people who would be interested in buying a cap for their Magpul VFG as well. My preference is black material, but some people might want FDE. Let me know what I can do to make this happen? I sure appreciate your help! Thank you so much!
-Kris

A99CEC51-CF85-4B87-A5D5-3CD311EAA217.jpeg CEFB3604-47A6-4CD8-8638-0D5BCB57506B.jpeg FA0AAC11-A126-4D85-9312-1757D3394716.jpeg 99A427BB-AAE0-4C07-AFB8-3F0EBBCAE19D.jpeg 7C828AEB-E2EC-49FD-AE90-48B4531B3FBB.jpeg 36BF3542-7EBE-4986-8B07-4586F491FE64.jpeg F08B322B-EB61-4080-B4E2-EA9FE2E19A6A.jpeg

I use the end cap from a Pic rail Rail mounted vertical grip by mission first tac for my magpul vg
Then I take a very narrow strip of black gorilla tape and go around The edge of the cap. Because murphy happens. Not the most aesthetically pleasing but i'm in to functionality Not Barbie doll prom dresses.
But please if somebody else out there has a better way of doing this.
Or knows of a better grip that has the capacity.
2 cr123 and 2 cr2032 also fomy ear plugs.
Let me know

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top