Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Made a couple of holsters for my PF9

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Allfat, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

Hey guys. I figured I would post this up here with some pictures of a couple of holsters I made recently.

I am still waiting on my CHL to come in the mail, so I am trying to figure out a good way to carry the PF9. I liked the idea of the Crossbreed style holsters, but just could not justify the price of them. I am a pretty handy guy, so I decided to have a crack at making them myself.

I bought all of the supplies online, and it cost about $50 for supplies to make 5 holsters, which is WAY cheaper than buying some of the cheapest holsters on the market off of the shelf. I don't have a ton of money, so I was happy about this.

I made one IWB and one OWB holster with pretty much the same technique, just different leather patterns. I also did a much more extreme cant on the PF9 for the IWB version as this is more comfortable for me.

I have worn both of these holsters around the house for a while, and they are breaking in nicely. They just get more and more comfortable with time.

What do you think?

2011-09-30 06.35.57.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

:thumbup:Very Nice!!! Good job.:thumbup:

3. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Looks good. I think the OWB might sag a bit with the space between the belt holes. On mine I've found (since I don't tend to wear shirts tucked in) I can put little leather loops hanging down near the top. This makes the leather part a lot smaller (specially the part below the belt), uses less leather, makes the holster way easier to conceal, more comfortable to carry, and cheaper since I can make my own belt loops.
    DSC01481.jpg
    Of course the downsides are, you can't tuck and you have to take your belt out a little to put the holster on.

4. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

That looks pretty good, I will have make one to try it that way. Thanks for the tips!