JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I figured I would post this up here with some pictures of a couple of holsters I made recently.

I am still waiting on my CHL to come in the mail, so I am trying to figure out a good way to carry the PF9. I liked the idea of the Crossbreed style holsters, but just could not justify the price of them. I am a pretty handy guy, so I decided to have a crack at making them myself.

I bought all of the supplies online, and it cost about $50 for supplies to make 5 holsters, which is WAY cheaper than buying some of the cheapest holsters on the market off of the shelf. I don't have a ton of money, so I was happy about this.

I made one IWB and one OWB holster with pretty much the same technique, just different leather patterns. I also did a much more extreme cant on the PF9 for the IWB version as this is more comfortable for me.

I have worn both of these holsters around the house for a while, and they are breaking in nicely. They just get more and more comfortable with time.

What do you think?

2011-09-30 06.35.57.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-09-30 06.36.37.jpg
    2011-09-30 06.36.37.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 2011-09-30 06.36.16.jpg
    2011-09-30 06.36.16.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 2011-09-30 06.35.20.jpg
    2011-09-30 06.35.20.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 102
Looks good. I think the OWB might sag a bit with the space between the belt holes. On mine I've found (since I don't tend to wear shirts tucked in) I can put little leather loops hanging down near the top. This makes the leather part a lot smaller (specially the part below the belt), uses less leather, makes the holster way easier to conceal, more comfortable to carry, and cheaper since I can make my own belt loops.
DSC01481.jpg
Of course the downsides are, you can't tuck and you have to take your belt out a little to put the holster on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top