JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IIRC, the buggered left has reported that the happiest nation is Finland for the last 20 years.. yet they have the highest suicide rate. Is suicide even illegal?
wtf

RE : Suicide

I wonder....how long will it be until the National Suicide Line is outsourced to India or The P.I. or some other partially English-speaking nation?

Aloha, Mark

It doesnt take machine learning to identify gun owners and calculate their risk of suicide.

Rural folks - most likely to own a gun but least likely to commit suicide.

suburban folks - possibly gun owners, becoming most likely at the lowest and highest ends of income spectrum - low suicide rates at low incomes and high suicide rates with high incomes

urban folks - least likely to own guns unless they are gang members, this is especially true for cities like NYC with unconstitutional gun laws - highest suicide rates but least likely to own a firearm

It doesnt take machine learning to identify gun owners and calculate their risk of suicide.

Rural folks - most likely to own a gun but least likely to commit suicide.

suburban folks - possibly gun owners, becoming most likely at the lowest and highest ends of income spectrum - low suicide rates at low incomes and high suicide rates with high incomes

urban folks - least likely to own guns unless they are gang members, this is especially true for cities like NYC with unconstitutional gun laws - highest suicide rates but least likely to own a firearm
Montana has the 3rd highest suicide rate in the nation. Everywhere is rural here.

All that, and every adult has the right to terminate their own life at a time of their choosing, for whatever reason. Oregon even has a law allowing self termination or assisted termination in certain circumstances.

My assertion has always been, that you own your own life. That is why I oppose the draft (conscription) and support the right to self-termination.

If we want to reduce suicides using firearms, then we should allow and assist self-termination by other means. I would say that such assistance/allowance should obviously come with some counseling, but still, you ultimately own your own life (and the right to end it) - or you have no rights at all.

Montana has the 3rd highest suicide rate in the nation. Everywhere is rural here.
That is true... just googled it and apparently I was about as wrong as you can get

Turns out the less populated rural states like Wyoming and Alaska have the highest rates of suicide while dense and hyper urbanized areas like NYC/NJ/DC have the lowest suicide rates

RE : Suicide

I wonder....how long will it be until the National Suicide Line is outsourced to India or The P.I. or some other partially English-speaking nation?

Aloha, Mark
8 months here to see a psychiatrist.

988 will be like calling 911 for your house on fire and they send an archeologist years later to carbon date the rubble to find out when the fire was.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

• older age
  • first-time firearm purchaser
  • white race
  • living in close proximity to the gun dealer
  • purchasing a revolver
I wrote my own algorithm...

Risk factors identified by the algorithm to be predictive of firearm murders included:

• younger age
  • have bought multiple throw away firearms over the years in scuzzy back alleys, chop shops and crack houses that are now littering the sewers and large bodies of polluted water
  • non-white race (except those yellow guys, they get pushed in front of subway trains or take to the roofs with their AKs, there is no in-between)
  • living in close proximity to the grandma's basement were they can run and hide from the pigs
  • purchasing a CCP Glock auto sear

It's so astonishing that they wrote a program that gets their desired results...and they got it right the very first time, too...

Just like how Florida is supposed to have been under water for the last two decades due to man made global warming causing the ice caps to melt...

im all for the advancement of AI - and after years of considering it probably the greatest existential threat to our species. but its troubling the kinds of things its being used for and the kinds of things itll be used for.

can you imagine the massive violation of privacy something like this would involve?

Interesting study though probably not too applicable.

So the highest risk is a older white female buying a revolver without prior firearm purchases.
1658278128898.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads