JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone seen this? H.R.8361 I'd appreciate it if someone can interpret it for me.
I've read it three times & I'm still confused.

Dan
I think I understand the stated intent of it (to allow people who think they are at risk of suicide to sign up on a database so they can't buy a gun).

However what is important IMO is looking to the future to how this can be used by anti gunners to restrict gun purchases, find guns that people already have, and confiscation.

Without getting too deep into it (speculating I mean), it seems to me they are creating a separate gun "black list". Such a list can be easily expanded in the future. Fe they can add red flag poeple to the black list. Let's say an ex girlfriend wants revenge and fills a form out on you (red flag), this may land you on the black list in the future. Who knows how far they can incrementally expand who goes on to the black list. Fe failure to apply and pay for the yearly background check (which is already law in WA but they don't yet have a registry) is another hypothetical reason you could be added to the black list.

Also the bill specifically mentions forfeiture. Why would they include forfeiture if it is a list which only purpose is for FFLs to not sell them a gun. That may be an obvious sign of where they will be going with this imo.

437B6955-5DFC-48C3-9E7D-42824D29D929.jpeg
They are also exempting the black list from the law that fed gov can't have a gun registry. Imo all of this sets a stage for future incremental expansion of a gun black list.

Last Edited:
I could see anti-gun regulators sitting around the table in the future with a "problem" like "how do we ensure right wing domestic terrorists don't have access to guns?" And the answer is always whatever is the easiest and where a system is already set up. Fe "Well, we already have the suicide black list, we can just add them to that", or similar. A fictitious example (now anyway) of course, just to illustrate how such a black list could be abused.

What bothers me is the mere fact there are elected people out there pushing things like this and have no qualms about doing so but I suspect have not clue 1about the implications.
What the heck has America turned into? Or should I ask what are we turning into?
Sadly enough, the population keeps putting people like Jayapal back into office.

I doubt I'll live long enough to see the devastation/destruction of the Constitution by people like Jayapal & I'm thankful for that. I feel sorry for the future of America but have hopes there will be a population with the will to endeavor to persevere to keep it intact.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads