JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can say that I have responded to multiple suicides/suicide attempts/suicidal ideations while in the Marines.

The majority were not done with a firearm.

In the Marines is usually suicide by stripper…..

Too far? :eek::s0131:
The ones I saw come through the gate weighed enough to kill someone due to suffocation. So you're not far off……

And the ones that did use a firearm did so very poorly and lived in extreme pain until they passed unfortunately. End of the story is if you wanna end it don't use bird shot….. after the trigger is pulled you will get an hour or more to contemplate your decision.

Alcohol does the trick.
Pills do the trick.
Blade used correctly does the trick.
MCMAP belt does the trick.
550 cord does the trick.
Swan dive off the top of the parking garage does the trick.

Needless to say I've seen more marines pass due to mental health/sh!t commands stateside then overseas at war.

That's a problem. And it's not a gun problem. Obviously.

The ones I saw come through the gate weighed enough to kill someone due to suffocation. So you're not far off……

And the ones that did use a firearm did so very poorly and lived in extreme pain until they passed unfortunately. End of the story is if you wanna end it don't use bird shot….. after the trigger is pulled you will get an hour or more to contemplate your decision.

Alcohol does the trick.
Pills do the trick.
Blade used correctly does the trick.
MCMAP belt does the trick.
550 cord does the trick.
Swan dive off the top of the parking garage does the trick.

Needless to say I've seen more marines pass due to mental health/sh!t commands stateside then overseas at war.

That's a problem. And it's not a gun problem. Obviously.
Many people have enough meds at home to get the job done if they wish to.

Many people have enough meds at home to get the job done if they wish to.
That's cause that's the VAs solution to every problem. Just throw pills at it. "Treating" symptoms and ignoring the problem.

I had a very blunt and honest conversation as a starter when I saw my first counselor that I wanted nothing to do with the meds that he would more than likely try to prescribe me.

That's cause that's the VAs solution to every problem. Just throw pills at it. "Treating" symptoms and ignoring the problem.

I had a very blunt and honest conversation as a starter when I saw my first counselor that I wanted nothing to do with the meds that he would more than likely try to prescribe me.
Not just the VA, but most physicians.

My meds are needed and they have helped my heart condition, and the muscle relaxants help with muscle spasms/pain at night so I can sleep.

But it would not be hard to intentionally overdose with some of these meds I take, to the point of suicide - which I have no intention of doing.

If I get a terminal & debilitating illness (stroke, dementia, etc.), then, if/when necessary, I would go to a physician for assistance (fortunately allowed in Oregon) - but if that happens it would most likely be some years in the future, and would be the only likely reason I can think of for wanting to intentionally commit suicide.

I would rather pass in my sleep than blow my head off - using a gun on myself would be at the bottom of my list of ways to die.

Until I pass, I will keep on keeping on the best I can, if for no other reason than I need to be there for my daughter and the fact that my death would be devastating to her and something that I want to delay as long as possible for her sake.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top