JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am fully aware of shooting M-16's in combat... 2nd Bn 3rd Inf 66-67 RVN and a short time in 65 with the 173rd Abn Bde. 2nd 503rd. We did not shoot all that much in any case. Hard to see targets that are trying to hide. I certainly did see M-16's firing full auto. The first response to a ambush was firepower, everyone expended a magazine full auto then settled down to semi.

I have 1911's and they are "Military Grade" one is even a GI model. A musket is Military grade.

My AR's might be "Military Grade", but the are not Military. They are civilian and most have non-milspec components.

Admit it you are just wrong and too bullheaded to admit it ...or is that me?

In any case you are not likely to change my mind.

Not bullheaded at all. It is just you. There is just not any functional difference between an M16 and an AR15 other than a somewhat useless full auto switch that has a military purpose in limited situations but that doesnt change the fact that rounds go down range just the same and almost all parts interchange.

Its not like the "asssault rifle" argument makes any difference to people who are trying to ban guns. It's not an assault rifle because its not full auto. Bunch of crap. Its the same thing to the people making the case to ban assault rifles. Many of the worlds military's do not issue select fire weapons to ordinary soldiers including our own on many occasions.They dont care about full auto at all. Milspec is another worthless term. Many aftermarket components are of much higher quality than the military will pay for. Milspec means good enough for bean counters. Ive pulled a few Colt M16's out of crates that wouldnt run. They were 100% milspec. Doesnt make them "better". It just makes them standardized.

The difference between an AR-15 and an M-16 ...
. AR-M16fix-c_200x200.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class