JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could the pouch and magazines be reproduction....yes of course.
Are there companies that make reproduction / copies of US Web Gear ...Yes again.
That said , most of the reproduction Web Gear are copies of WWII gear , not Korean War era gear.
The date on the pouch in the OP is 1951 , not conclusive proof of being actual GI issue...but leans towards it ...because as I said , most reproduction gear is WWII dated....

As for the lack of wear and tear....
As I said in my earlier post JQMD was a common maker of US Web Gear...how many thousands , if not millions of pouches did they make...?
Just how many did not get issued...? or issued to someone , who did not see a lot of "field time"...?
If you look around long enough and are lucky enough , you can still find excellent to like new pieces of US Web Gear.

Yes , the lack of wear and tear , can be a sign of the item being a reproduction...but ...
Without seeing the item in person , it can be difficult to tell for sure.
Andy

I found these at an estate sale and was drawn to them. Pouch reads "74-P-142-705" and J.Q.M.D 1951

Some brass reads WRM 43, some reads WRM 44.

From what I've gathered these are for an m1 or m2? the pouch was manufactured by JQMD in 1951. The ammo is Winchester, .30 cal and the stamp refers to the date manufactured?

Curious for any more details, and hopefully a "price check" on it all.View attachment 459407 View attachment 459408 View attachment 459409 View attachment 459410 View attachment 459411

I'll give ya 45 bux for everything, you ship flat rate to AL.:)

Just noticed a stamp on the back of one of the 30s, stamped SEY. other one is blank. Very cool learning where these were made

Learning is a wonderful thing in life, it makes the world a better place for all of us:D

The 15s were made for the semi autos and they made 30s when they came out with the M2. Full auto in these is a riot, too bad we can't do that anymore.:(

After I went into aviation in WWVietnam, I had a M2 and it was shot out, fun to shoot but it was way out of tolerance and I did not think it reliable enough to carry, had some better M1 Carbines but they had a round up of non-issued weapons, got my crappy organ crank grease gun and incomplete M-34 too.

Had to "Requisition" a re-captured M16A1 to augment my deadly issued new Model 10 S&W 38 roundbutt.

I do have a late model 'civil' Inland M1 Carbine right now and still need to sort thru my magazines, I know I have had poor luck with new ProMag 30 rounders.

The old ammo may have slight collector value. Also the pouch if USGI. I do not know if the pouch and mags are USGI. We just keep the mags that work for us. The rest are sold off with the statement that they may or may not work for others.

It does not seem to matter who made the magazine. USGI or aftermarket. If they work, we keep them. If not, gone with the wind. No real theme of reliability. But some late manufacture 30 rd mags are better than others. M2 Carbines are fun.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang bang!" Wow! that was fast!" :)

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, NFA Laws And BATFE Rules Apply.

The pouch was made across the river from my hometown of Louisville, KY.

Jeffersonville Quartermaster Depot (JQMD). Jeffersonville, Indiana. Huge facility, made lots of leathergoods too. IIRC they finally closed it down in the mid 1970s to 1980s. LOTS of neat surplus stuff was there, lots sold at auction, even more destroyed. here was so much they saturated the regional market for surplus goods.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top