JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
It is a 1953 Garand based on the serial number on the receiver. Shoots great, very clean CMP stamped stock.
Gunsmith checked it out in Jan 4th 2011 and it has a G3 rating. It has sat pretty much since then till last week when I took it out to fire 20 rounds through it for fun. I don't have a use for it and kind of looking for cash or maybe something else to play with if it is cool. I am asking $975 with rounds of various 30 06 ammo and 11 clips. 10 clips are 8 rounds and 1 clip is a 5 rnd. Also has sling, cleaning kit and tools in butt of rifle. I live in the Hillsboro Cornelius Area.

Thanks

;)

20160927_152442.jpg 20160927_152527.jpg 20160927_152609.jpg 20160927_152704.jpg 20160927_152641.jpg 20160927_152507.jpg 20160927_152646.jpg 20160927_152513.jpg 20160927_152727.jpg 20160927_152515.jpg 20160927_152450.jpg 20160927_152627.jpg

Last Edited:
Do you have an adjustable gas plug (I can't tell from the pic), and did you run that hunting ammo through the rifle? You are doing some serious damage to the rifle if you are....that rifle isn't made for the pressure curves of modern ammo.

Co
Do you have an adjustable gas plug (I can't tell from the pic), and did you run that hunting ammo through the rifle? You are doing some serious damage to the rifle if you are....that rifle isn't made for the pressure curves of modern ammo.
Cool
Glad I didn't run that through it.
Thanks

It has had 8 rounds of some ball ammo that came with it. I don't know what it was, other than 150 grain. And 20 rounds of Remington 180 grain Core-Lokt. I bought it from a lady who's husband died and he collected them. He had 10 of them and I bought one for the hell of it. It isn't really my thing, so I am selling it.

Trade for my Core 15? Has a few thousand rounds through it. I put on an Odin works forend and for-grip, axts raptor ch, battlelink stock, extended mag realease, Daniel defense grip. 1:8 twist barrel .223/5.56. Have a Lantac dragon brake for it (currently off for shooting at indoor range). Also have a vortex strikefire 2 that can go with it, a few p-mags and a couple hundred rounds.
Just let me know if there's anything else I can do to sweeten the deal to nudge ya if your interested lol, I would love to have that garand!

IMG_1019.JPG

Last Edited:
It seems the gas plug is original, but easily changed for a ported (not vented) version.

The gas plug is original. It looks like an adjustable one is $40, which I am not going to buy since I am selling it.

Trade for my Core 15? Has a few thousand rounds through it. I put on an Odin works forend and for-grip, axts raptor ch, battlelink stock, extended mag realease, Daniel defense grip. 1:8 twist barrel .223/5.56. Have a Lantac dragon brake for it (currently off for shooting at indoor range). Also have a vortex strikefire 2 that can go with it, a few p-mags and a couple hundred rounds.
Just let me know if there's anything else I can do to sweeten the deal to nudge ya if your interested lol, I would love to have that garand!

View attachment 315798
I have a Daniel Defense M4 already. Not sure the I need another one, plus I can build that for probably $750 or so give or take a few $$$.

I have one already, thanks. Great rifles. I asked because if you shot the modern ammo through it without the adjustable gas plug, you may have (likely) done serious damage to the operating rod that should be disclosed to any seller, and I wanted to caution against any more, lest you get an operating rod to the face at best, and a blown up rifle at worst!

I have one already, thanks. Great rifles. I asked because if you shot the modern ammo through it without the adjustable gas plug, you may have (likely) done serious damage to the operating rod that should be disclosed to any seller, and I wanted to caution against any more, lest you get an operating rod to the face at best, and a blown up rifle at worst!
Thanks - I has had 28 rounds through it. 8 I believe were some special M1 Garand ammo and the other 20 were the Core-Lokt. I had a friend of mine tell me about the gas plug and I haven't fired anything through it since. I was going to buy one, but I think this thing is more for a collector type person. I do have to say I like the "ping" sound it makes when the 8 rounds are spent. Reminds me of the movies on TV. :) Thanks for the info.

If it was the 180gr Core Lokt you mention in the ad, i think you have probably gotten away with it. Whoever buys it should be recommended to either restrict ammo type usage or get the ported gas plug (or the variable gas plug if they want to mess around all the time)

Pressure4.jpg

I could offer up a variety of handguns: Smith revolvers chambered in 357, 41 mag, 44 mag; sig sauer pistols chambered in 45 and 357 sig. Possibly a Kimber 1911 (super carry pro hd). Plus cash in most cases. Maybe a Winchester 30-30 circa 1947, though I'm pretty fond of that one.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.