JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
The barrel is dated 10/54. So assembled sometime after that. November, December 1954?
I'm thinking original barrel. It sure looks it.

I have two in the 5.7 million SN# range with 4/55 and 5/55 dated barrels.
So a 5.4 million with a 10/54 barrel sounds about right. ;)

The gas plug is original. It looks like an adjustable one is $40, which I am not going to buy since I am selling it.
true the plug I have one fwiw. and fwiw, garands are generally safe with off the shelf new manufacture 150 gr 30-06. The issue is too high a pressure ammo eventually bending the op rod. Op rods are getting expensive nowadays. The GarandGuys plug provides just enough more room for gasses to expand allowing use of standard off the shelf ammo. To the rifle at hand: those are good gauge readings.. is it a CMP rifle with CMP certificate? looks like a CMP tag.

I don't know.
The original owner died last year.

true the plug I have one fwiw. and fwiw, garands are generally safe with off the shelf new manufacture 150 gr 30-06. The issue is too high a pressure ammo eventually bending the op rod. Op rods are getting expensive nowadays. The GarandGuys plug provides just enough more room for gasses to expand allowing use of standard off the shelf ammo. To the rifle at hand: those are good gauge readings.. is it a CMP rifle with CMP certificate? looks like a CMP tag.

Nice rifle good price. The yellow hang tag is a CMP tag.
G3 is a service grade rifle. The muzzle reading +1 is excellent.
The throat reading of +2 is good and maybe new! Korean era
barrels commonly gauge at '2' throat reading when new. WW 2 barrels
gauge '1' as new. This should be a good shooter. Someone's going to get a
nice rifle at a decent price.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.