JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering about RAS on a Glock 17. I was reading and some people do not lube the spring at all while other people do lube since they carry you get rust.

I did very lightly lube the RAS like I do on my other pistols. I did not say anything in the Glock manual about lubing the RA spring.

I've been testing out Otis dry lube lately. Doesn't seem to hurt - don't notice it helping either where the recoil spring is concerned. Normally I'd just clean it and leave it alone.

I wouldn't lube the RSA.
No need for it.
And it is never mentioned in any "Glock Lube Points" document.
4-Key-Pistol-Lubrication-POINTS.jpg
My "above and beyond" is to paint in engine assembly lube (Microlon or Lubriplate 105) into the slide grooves.

To be clear, it is not and should not be a lubrication point - to put it in very simple terms, all you're doing is applying the "protect" part of CLP to a metal surface to stop oxidation.

I took my Glock to gun range today it functions very well. No malfunctions at all. I fired 100 rounds of Winchester NATO and 100 rounds of 2014 147gr G2 from Speer.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top