JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering about RAS on a Glock 17. I was reading and some people do not lube the spring at all while other people do lube since they carry you get rust.

I did very lightly lube the RAS like I do on my other pistols. I did not say anything in the Glock manual about lubing the RA spring.

I've been testing out Otis dry lube lately. Doesn't seem to hurt - don't notice it helping either where the recoil spring is concerned. Normally I'd just clean it and leave it alone.

I wouldn't lube the RSA.
No need for it.
And it is never mentioned in any "Glock Lube Points" document.
4-Key-Pistol-Lubrication-POINTS.jpg
My "above and beyond" is to paint in engine assembly lube (Microlon or Lubriplate 105) into the slide grooves.

To be clear, it is not and should not be a lubrication point - to put it in very simple terms, all you're doing is applying the "protect" part of CLP to a metal surface to stop oxidation.

I took my Glock to gun range today it functions very well. No malfunctions at all. I fired 100 rounds of Winchester NATO and 100 rounds of 2014 147gr G2 from Speer.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top