JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's the night before the trash gets picked up in my neighborhood. I took my trash out at 7 pm. Left at 10 to pick up mother in law from her work and my half empty trash can is not only full but over flowing with the lid all the way back! This drove me nuts. It's not about the space but rather the dishonest act of putting your trash in a neighbor's trash can. I got home and got some gloves and went through the new trash bags. Found several piece of junk mail with my neighbor's address on it. I am not uptight but it would have been nice if he had just asked rather than poorly dumping his trash in my trash can! Why be so damn low class about such petty things! I am not trying to be high and mighty about these things but this just got me rowdy.

Kindly put it on your neighbors door step with a note saying:

"Should have asked, I would have said yes. Now I say no."

I don't know about your trash company but over here we are billed extra if our cans are over filled. They charge extra if our trash lids are even raised by about two inches!

I would "return" your neighbors trash.

You would be in the right to give the trash back to them...take the higher road though, my friend. We don't know the whole story. Maybe they're suckin' financial mudwater and can't afford to pay their bill. Yes, they could have asked but it's embarrassing if your broke to admit it. Whatever the case...let it go. But if it happens again...a note on their door asking they quit doing it should fix it. They probably don't know you know. Can't believe you went through the trash!:s0114:
Anyway, maybe it was a one time thing.
Good luck.

Will

Nip this in the bud. I had a neighbor who's son attended the middle school just a block away. On his way home from school he would walk by my house on the sidewalk and throw his empty pop or juice bottle in my yard. I confronted the kid about it once and he just said "yeah, yeah, I won't do it again". After the second time he did it again I went down to his house and had a little talk with his mother. I told her if her kid dumped his trash in my yard once more she would find every bit of trash I could find in my house in her front yard. Problem solved.

Part of me really wants to get even but in all honesty my parents taught me better. I left the trash in my can but I took his junk mail and and attached a note to it. The note read "Please don't leave your trash in other people's trash can. Stay classy". Left my name and all too. I stuck it to his windshield. Lead by example right? Next time i'll make sure to hand deliver his trash back to him but minus the trash bag.

The best thing is to just confront it head on by knocking on his door and politely asking him not to do it without threatening.

Does your neighbor have trash service?

My neighbor has been too lazy to use her recycle bin and her yard debris bin, sometimes I have extra of both so I just asked her if she didn't mind if I use put my overflow in them, on the flip side of that I will often pull her garbage can down when she forgets it and almost always bring it back up from the street when I bring mine.

The best thing is to just confront it head on by knocking on his door and politely asking him not to do it without threatening.

Does your neighbor have trash service?

My neighbor has been too lazy to use her recycle bin and her yard debris bin, sometimes I have extra of both so I just asked her if she didn't mind if I use put my overflow in them, on the flip side of that I will often pull her garbage can down when she forgets it and almost always bring it back up from the street when I bring mine.
Yeah i'll talk to him when i get home today. He does have trash service and his trash can was overflowing last night. That's part of what tipped me off about who did it plus the same kind of trash bag. It's gonna be real akward but i gotta do it.

DinhRose:

I suggest you do nothing, as a time will come when you can decide whether you want to help him...or not.

Things like but not limited to:
-Noticing something not right at his house like a water leak, flat tire, car lights left on, etc, and just not telling him.
-Looking out the window to see him stuck in in his driveway...and not going out to help.
-He knocks on your door because his battery is dead and needs a jump...no would be the answer if you decide to answer the door.

Animosity amoung neighbors is never good, but I would keep score and cash in to even up when appropriate.

Just sayin'
Tilos

In my neighborhood the trash collection was early so most folks had to put the cans out late at night. There was a steady stream all night of homeless folks with shopping carts full of cans and bottles that they collected by snooping into the cans and recycling bins on the curb. I gotta respect that they worked hard to make a living at it!

But we also had a local crazy-lady who REARRANGED the neighborhood trash. She had some kind of madness that told her to make sure all of the block's cans were EQUALLY filled, so she would redistribute trash into other people's cans. I saw her at it several times. Come morning, you were always surprised at what was in your can...........................elsullo

I have an elderly widow next door who has been in the neighborhood forever and been a good neighbor for the 26 years I've been here. She is on a widows pension and still cleans houses to make ends meet. She does not have garbage service. She burns what she can and sneeks the recycling into mine. I didn't mind until the garbage man left me a note about hiding the non recyclables in the tin cans and putting them in my can. I cannot say much as I am afraid of going off on her and my wife wouldn't care much for that, so I started to check the garbage when I knew she would see, and that took care of it. She also comes to my back door and walks in the house when its open so I have sstarted to ask her if she went to the front door first. We will see how that goes, She won't answer here door without a call first and lets nobody in. It's tough cause she is nice, but still irritates the heck out of me.:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top