JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love shooting the old rifles too. Funny story: I was at the range the other day and had my target all set up. I was dialing in my 10-22 for this Saturday's golf ball shoot. Low and behold, the old guy to the left of me shooting his 357 lever action started shooting my target... I stopped shooting and said, "hey man you are shooting at my target"... I then said, "keep shooting, looks like you are shooting a good group anyway"...:p Here's one of my old rifles, that I sold to a buddy last year. I kind of regret letting this one go:

008_zps55b4c2a1.jpg

The group I shot with it. Making sure it was dialed in for elk season:
007_zps60bada7b.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks. The laminated stock rifle was a $100 even, but THE bargain was the leftie for $90. It came with a complete Al Freeland precision dioptre sight set in Unertl POSA mounts, and 24 unopened sets of 12 foresight elements for an Anschutz foresight unit... :eek:

AND a left-hand bridge Parker-Hale #5B rear sight unit. :)

tac

To the op, I love hunting with old guns too. Here's one that is 100 years old, this year, and it still loves the great out doors:

IMG_0929_zpssv7o05ot.jpg
DSC00177_zpsdhekpgcm.jpg
DSC00175_zps8kkzitgq.jpg
DSC00172_zpskjrezebl.jpg
IMG_0733_zpssdp4dcjs.jpg

From last year. Hopefully this year will be just as good...;)

Hundred years old, eh?

A mere babe-in-arms, Sir.

THIS is 105 years old...........

upload_2017-4-21_11-47-36.png

and if anybody here has ANY 175gr ROUND NOSE FMJ bullets, I'll be VERY happy to take them off you in return only for money.

tac

Awesome; welcome. I've been looking into my first deer/elk rifle. I like tactical stuff so had planned on going with a Rem 700 SPS in .308 (a friend loves his), but ran across an old review of the Marlin 336 in .30-30. Long-range shooting is fun (700) but there's not many places to go on the west side in WA State (dense forested hills). Most elk shots are <100 yards, so maybe saving a little money and going for a classic (336) is a better move. Thoughts on lever actions for elk hunting?

Awesome; welcome. I've been looking into my first deer/elk rifle. I like tactical stuff so had planned on going with a Rem 700 SPS in .308 (a friend loves his), but ran across an old review of the Marlin 336 in .30-30. Long-range shooting is fun (700) but there's not many places to go on the west side in WA State (dense forested hills). Most elk shots are <100 yards, so maybe saving a little money and going for a classic (336) is a better move. Thoughts on lever actions for elk hunting?

No brainer - a get a nice turn of the century Savage Model 99 and a Williams receiver sight and do it properly.

tac

PS - that turn of the LAST century, you comprehend.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top