JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love shooting the old rifles too. Funny story: I was at the range the other day and had my target all set up. I was dialing in my 10-22 for this Saturday's golf ball shoot. Low and behold, the old guy to the left of me shooting his 357 lever action started shooting my target... I stopped shooting and said, "hey man you are shooting at my target"... I then said, "keep shooting, looks like you are shooting a good group anyway"...:p Here's one of my old rifles, that I sold to a buddy last year. I kind of regret letting this one go:

008_zps55b4c2a1.jpg

The group I shot with it. Making sure it was dialed in for elk season:
007_zps60bada7b.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks. The laminated stock rifle was a $100 even, but THE bargain was the leftie for $90. It came with a complete Al Freeland precision dioptre sight set in Unertl POSA mounts, and 24 unopened sets of 12 foresight elements for an Anschutz foresight unit... :eek:

AND a left-hand bridge Parker-Hale #5B rear sight unit. :)

tac

To the op, I love hunting with old guns too. Here's one that is 100 years old, this year, and it still loves the great out doors:

IMG_0929_zpssv7o05ot.jpg
DSC00177_zpsdhekpgcm.jpg
DSC00175_zps8kkzitgq.jpg
DSC00172_zpskjrezebl.jpg
IMG_0733_zpssdp4dcjs.jpg

From last year. Hopefully this year will be just as good...;)

Hundred years old, eh?

A mere babe-in-arms, Sir.

THIS is 105 years old...........

upload_2017-4-21_11-47-36.png

and if anybody here has ANY 175gr ROUND NOSE FMJ bullets, I'll be VERY happy to take them off you in return only for money.

tac

Awesome; welcome. I've been looking into my first deer/elk rifle. I like tactical stuff so had planned on going with a Rem 700 SPS in .308 (a friend loves his), but ran across an old review of the Marlin 336 in .30-30. Long-range shooting is fun (700) but there's not many places to go on the west side in WA State (dense forested hills). Most elk shots are <100 yards, so maybe saving a little money and going for a classic (336) is a better move. Thoughts on lever actions for elk hunting?

Awesome; welcome. I've been looking into my first deer/elk rifle. I like tactical stuff so had planned on going with a Rem 700 SPS in .308 (a friend loves his), but ran across an old review of the Marlin 336 in .30-30. Long-range shooting is fun (700) but there's not many places to go on the west side in WA State (dense forested hills). Most elk shots are <100 yards, so maybe saving a little money and going for a classic (336) is a better move. Thoughts on lever actions for elk hunting?

No brainer - a get a nice turn of the century Savage Model 99 and a Williams receiver sight and do it properly.

tac

PS - that turn of the LAST century, you comprehend.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top