JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I lost the large primer seating rod from my RCBS hand primer. :( :( Anybody else that lost one, ordered another, and ended up finding the lost one? Now you have TWO? And would be happy to sell me their extra? I can order one but if there's a chance someone close to me in PDX has one they would part with. That'd Be Great!

Mike,

I have a Lee hand primer set up for large primers I never use any more. Your welcome to have it, if you want to pick it up in Newberg. It uses the RCBS shell holders, I wonder if the other parts swap over or just use it as is.

Mike,

I have a Lee hand primer set up for large primers I never use any more. Your welcome to have it, if you want to pick it up in Newberg. It uses the RCBS shell holders, I wonder if the other parts swap over or just use it as is.

Thanks for that offer. Heck if you were closer I'd just borrow it! This isn't a life and death thing. I emailed RCBS, seeing as they only answer phones for part of the day. I was working on loading up my FIRST shouldered rounds to put through the Garand Friday. Now I probably wont. Well, I surly won't because tomorrow is Friday.o_O

Thanks for that offer. Heck if you were closer I'd just borrow it! This isn't a life and death thing. I emailed RCBS, seeing as they only answer phones for part of the day. I was working on loading up my FIRST shouldered rounds to put through the Garand Friday. Now I probably wont. Well, I surly won't because tomorrow is Friday.o_O

I don't use it anymore so it's yours if you can use it. Yes, tomorrow is Friday but in COVID time any day can be a Friday, Wed or Sat.

I lost the large primer seating rod from my RCBS hand primer. :( :( Anybody else that lost one, ordered another, and ended up finding the lost one? Now you have TWO? And would be happy to sell me their extra? I can order one but if there's a chance someone close to me in PDX has one they would part with. That'd Be Great!

If you ordered one you would find the lost one the day after it was delivered. Then you would sell one at a loss here, and the day after that you would lose the one you kept...

The older hand priming tools had a piston and a plunger setup "two piece". With the new ones, the piston and plunger are all one piece. With the two piece design, you can change the shell holder without completely taking the thing apart.

IMG_20200423_182900347.jpg

Last Edited:
The time I "lost" one, I made a replacement out of some steel rod stock that I had. Then I found the "lost" part shortly thereafter. But the home-made one worked fine.

I haven't used my RCBS hand priming tool for years. I prefer the Lee. I even got used to the "new" Lee design. I like the Lee Bench Auto Prime, I can just press down on it instead of squeezing, that gets around the arthritis issue. My Lee Bench Auto Prime blew up a couple of days ago. I sent it back for a replacement. The second time around. They seem to last about two years with steady by normal use.

The older hand priming tools had a piston and a plunger setup "two piece". With the new ones, the piston and plunger are all one piece. With the two piece design, you can change the shell holder without completely taking the thing apart.

I saw that on their part page. I questioned, in my email, the difference. That's a crap deal to have to disassemble the whole thing just to change calibers. :s0092: Musta' been because everyone was losing their rods. :rolleyes: If that's the case I'll be happy to accept the part from @michaeldw when we meet up for a deal Saturday.

I'm missing the small primer piston or I would feel whole again. lol

If you lose that one too just hit me up, I'm just down the road a touch. ;)

It appears that RCBS has superseded their "Hand Primer" with the "Universal Hand Primer" .

1587734816543.png

There's no longer a need for shell holders for various calibers. And they claim a better gate to stop primer detonation in the primer tray. :eek: :eek: The new model is around $75.00. You can still find the old model in the neighborhood of $45.00. THAT would be the reason the former 2-pieces were consolidated into one piece unit.

Something else noted. The email at the bottom of the 4-page PDF on the old model hand primer is dead. So my email didn't get through. They now have a "contact us" form. Rather than an email addy.

I got one of those Frankford arsenal ones, since the priming setup on my LnL needs a bit of tuning. Very nicely turned out tool, and I notice the priming rods seem to be of the "two piece" type? Lyman E-ZEE PRIME™ Hand Priming Tool Sorry for the thread-jacking, I just got curious about how the other ones are put together. Nice little "grip exerciser".

The time I "lost" one, I made a replacement out of some steel rod stock that I had. Then I found the "lost" part shortly thereafter. But the home-made one worked fine.

I haven't used my RCBS hand priming tool for years. I prefer the Lee. I even got used to the "new" Lee design. I like the Lee Bench Auto Prime, I can just press down on it instead of squeezing, that gets around the arthritis issue. My Lee Bench Auto Prime blew up a couple of days ago. I sent it back for a replacement. The second time around. They seem to last about two years with steady by normal use.

I though about looking around for something to make my own piece. If I was set up better I could have a 'spose. And luckily my arthritis issues are in my wrists and not fingers so much. I don't like the idea of things that go TU in a year or two just out of the blue! WTH?

I'm missing the small primer piston or I would feel whole again. lol

If you lose that one too just hit me up, I'm just down the road a touch. ;)

I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna see if I can paint the rods hot pink! That rod is around here somewhere between the loading room and the workbench in the garage.

This is why I live in a large plastic sack.
It makes finding small parts easy.

I got one of those Frankford arsenal ones, since the priming setup on my LnL needs a bit of tuning. Very nicely turned out tool, and I notice the priming rods seem to be of the "two piece" type? Lyman E-ZEE PRIME™ Hand Priming Tool Sorry for the thread-jacking, I just got curious about how the other ones are put together. Nice little "grip exerciser".

No worries about a "hijack". This has turned into a "General Discussion" now. :D

That EZEE Prime looks like it has special shell holders just for the hand primer? What's the matter with using the same shell holders your press uses? I think if I was going to go $70.00+/- on a hand primer I'd get the universal model from rcbs and be able to do completely do away with using shell holders in the hand primer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top