JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any of the Winchester 1890 1906 61 62, Remington 12 121 572, Savage 03 1906 1914 25 29 -A -B Pump action

Savage currenly makes some great bolt action .22's the MKII series my favorite is the MKII FVT heavy barrel with Target peep sights

Henry makes some wonderful lever action .22's

I will have to agree in rifles. I own a Winchester 1906 and a Rossi 62. Any pump, rolling block, falling block or lever action .22 is just the gun to have, bolt actions and semi auto's blah. The only semi auto I have ever liked is the Remington Nylon's. In revolvers there is a whole world of single action and double actions to explore, again semi auto pistols blah. But this is just my personal opinion.

Henry 22 Mare's leg...one fun gun Stumpy.jpg

Listed it for sale at a crazy price...and got my bluff called!
Now I'm getting another one (and a 22 Golden Boy)

Stumpy.jpg

One more vote for the M&P 15-22. I love mine, Have not cleaned it since new,1500+ rounds now. (torture testing). It shoots most ammo well and really doesn't like some others.
I will weed out all of the 10-22's and replace them with 15-22 someday.

I will say the HK 416 is a nice nice rifle but they are a umirex (sp?) dressed up a bit and too expensive.

I, like many of you, am a 22lr freak. I have very many fine examples I have acquired over the years, but I don't lean toward the "tactical" side of things. In my time I have fond these to be of exceptional quality/accuracy.

Pistols:
S&W K-22(mine is a post-war, pre-Model 17 collectable. ANY K-22 is a fine revolver.)
Ruger Single Six
Ruger Standard Automatic
High Standard Sentinel
Colt Woodsman
Browning Buckmark
Ruger SR22
Walther PPK

Rifles:
Ruger 77/22
Marlin 39A
Savage Mark II(Accu-Trigger is a must)
Savage Model 42 22lr/.410 O/U
Thomson/Center Hotshot(my son's first gun. Amazingly accurate.)
Ithaca Saddle Gun Model 49(single shot or tube-fed. My first gun was a single shot 49. I still love it.)
Ruger 10/22(length of pull a little short. Still a fine rifle.)
Marlin 75C(shorter, bull-barreled version of the 60.)

.22's that I want to add to my collection:

Pistols:
Colt Ace
Ruger Single Ten
S&W Model 34
Ruger SP101 22lr

Rifles:
CZ 452/455/?
Ruger 10-22 Takedown
Henry AR7
Henry Goldenboy
H&K 416(The only "tactical" gun on my list. The Sig is interesting as well.)

I'm sure there are some I've missed and I'm sure some folks disagree and that's OK! If I can pass on one word of wisdom to potential 22lr buyers, it is to STAY AWAY FROM THE SIG MOSQUITO!!! They are a fine maker and I have no quarrel with Sig(They are also doing to Glock what Glock did to S&W. Taking a loss to get their guns into PD's holsters to boost "civilian" sales. They will be even bigger in 5 years.), but the Mosquito is a major failure. I have never seen one that functions properly.

22's are fun and with my revolvers I can shoot all day from a chair without my back crippling me.

Even if I sold most all my guns, I can't imagine a situation where I had fewer than 8-10 22lr's. I know that's absurd, but I love them that much.

Single shot break action such as the cheapo Rossi. With the current availability of .22 lr, it's a great way to make your ammo last longer ;)

Slightly more serious though, I do have a strange affinity for break action. I finally found a Savage model 24 in 22 lr over 20 gauge that is in transit from Virginia.

I haven't given much thought to the lever action but it makes a lot of sense. Ammo versatility but still having the ability to cycle fairly fast if you want to. I love my lever .30-.30 and .357, so why wouldn't I love a .22. I'll never forget my first lever action "rifle": my Daisy BB gun.

Hey All,

As the title said, looking for a different .22 (prefer LR). Something relatively easy to maintain/clean and fun to shoot. Just for some real plinking fun (when ammo is easily available again).

No real preference, so if I left out something from what I've found so far please toss in a suggestion!

Pistol or rifle/carbine doesn't matter!

I usually use CCI Mini Mag or CCI AR-22 (high velocity) if that helps any.

-Thanks!!!

So far I've found:

S&W AR15-22
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_773502_-1_757786_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

AK47 in 22lr
GSG GERMAN SPORT AK-47 RIA 22LR 16.5", Black Synthetic Stock 24-RD - Impact Guns

Walther G22
<broken link removed>

MP5 in 22lr
<broken link removed>

Uzi in 22lr
<broken link removed>

1911 in 22lr
COLT GOVERNMENT 1911 A1 | Walther Arms

H&K 416 Pistol in 22lr
<broken link removed>

STG 44 replica in 22lr
American Tactical Imports

PPSH-41 replica in 22lr
<broken link removed>

Carbine Revolver in 22lr
American Rifleman - The Rossi Circuit Judge

P90 Ruger 10/22 conversion
Red Jacket Firearms - Sons of Guns - Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Stock

SCAR in 22lr

M1 Carbine in 22lr

Just a reiteration of what OP is looking for. It appears he is in the market for something " tactical" style.

I still vote 15-22 for price, reliability and current and future support both factory and aftermarket.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top