JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Fiocci does not make Large Magnum Rifle primers. Here is all they make (from their webpage)...
1711905237678.png

553.jpg

HOME / RELOADING PRIMERS / LARGE RIFLE
CCI Large Rifle Magnum Primers #250 Box of 1000 (10 Trays of 100

$85.00

Midwest reloads is a scammer

Better Business Bureau®Homepage

Resources for Businesses
My BBB

Navigation menu

Menu

Honeypot
Find

Near

Country
flag-us-100__100w.png USUnited States
Search
Is this Your Business?Share
Print
non-ab-icon__300w.jpg

Business ProfileforMidwest Reloads

Ammunition

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS

Alert:
Midwest Reloads was reported to BBB in August 2023. Consumers claim they ordered reloading products from the website www.midwestreloads.com and were asked to pay through PalPal Friends & Family, Venmo or CashApp. Some were then also asked to pay a hazmat fee or an additional shipping fee, through a company called US Postal Mails. All consumers who contacted BBB reported not receiving the products they paid for and when they contacted the business, they received no response. Neither website www.midwestreloads.com nor www.uspostalmails.com lists a full physical address. The actual physical location of these entities is unknown. The website domain registration for midwestreloads.com was privately registered for one year and is due to expire on 2/1/2024. For safe online shopping tips, please see https://www.bbb.org/all/online-shopping/smart-shopping-online.
Read moreabout Alert

At-a-glance

Contact Information

Harlan, IA 51537
Visit Website
(515) 444-4595

Customer Reviews

1/5stars
Average of 26 Customer Reviews
Read ReviewsStart a Review

Customer Complaints

14 complaints closed in last 3 years
14 complaints closed in last 12 months
Read ComplaintsFile a Complaint

BBB Rating & Accreditation

FBBB rating​

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
Search for Accredited
Businesses in this category

Customer Reviews are not used in the calculation of BBB Rating
Reasons for BBB Rating

Last Edited:
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE, IT IS A SCAM!!!

Red flags:

• Everything is in stock
  • Electronic payment apps only (No credit cards accepted)
  • All prices below market rate
  • Allows you to add 'infinite' number of products to cart
Any thing that uses one of the cash apps is a scam. Pretty basic but silly people keep send ing them money and then complain!

A couple of days ago, I was at Sportsman's Warehouse in Everett, WA. They had lots of primers, mostly small sizes but also some large pistol magnum, the expensive Federal match primers, $105 per K. The smalls were anywhere from about $65 to $100 per K. So price seems to have determined demand exhaustion to some degree. I don't see the lines at the front door at opening time like they were when primers were still $35 per K.

In the meantime, the price of smokeless powders has gone through the roof. The big recent spike took place fairly quickly. In December, prices were high but not what they've become in the past three months. I don't see people rushing to stock up at current prices. A 50 gr. charge of IMR 4350 now costs about 50 cents. Load math formula for .30-06 with a re-used case:

Powder - .50
Primer - .10
Bullet - .40

Total: $1.00

A couple of days ago, I was at Sportsman's Warehouse in Everett, WA. They had lots of primers, mostly small sizes but also some large pistol magnum, the expensive Federal match primers, $105 per K. The smalls were anywhere from about $65 to $100 per K. So price seems to have determined demand exhaustion to some degree. I don't see the lines at the front door at opening time like they were when primers were still $35 per K.

In the meantime, the price of smokeless powders has gone through the roof. The big recent spike took place fairly quickly. In December, prices were high but not what they've become in the past three months. I don't see people rushing to stock up at current prices. A 50 gr. charge of IMR 4350 now costs about 50 cents. Load math formula for .30-06 with a re-used case:

Powder - .50
Primer - .10
Bullet - .40

😬.

Powder - .50
Primer - .10
Bullet - .40

I've been playing with surplus 7383 powder from GI Brass. At a calculated price of So far I'm shooting it in 308, 7-08 and 6.5 Swede. It costs me 10¢ per load, and with my 7-08, a 115gr bullet I'm getting ~2850 fps out of a 18" barrel. I'm happy with that.

There are a few souls who did the experimentation on how to find a load with your version of 7383, and the most pertinent information is
  1. Determine what is a full case capacity with this powder (i.e. just skosh above the body/shoulder junction) then with your load, do not drop below 85% capacity, and do not exceed 100% capacity (no compressed loads at all). It seems to work.
  2. 7383 is a dirty powder when it's burning inefficiently. You will see a marked difference when it starts to burn at the chamber pressure it likes. Most say stop after it starts burning cleanly.
  3. I have shot my whole workup from 85 - 100% and note, there is a little play after it burns cleanly (2 - 3 steps of powder charge levels), but the high pressure territory comes on fast in the form of pierced primers or heavy bolt lift. i.e. a load will look good, and the next load has a pierced primer and heavy bolt lift.

Springfield cabellas had a good selection. Sure you were on the right aisle? Last I checked the powder was one over from the components, and Tualatin had a lot of powder. It was a few weeks ago, though.

Went to Cabela's Tualatin store Yesterday.

Always like to check stock even though I need Nothing.

Powder aisle was EMPTY.

😲
So it's not actually empty, I happen to be in there yesterday as well and got to talking with them.
From what I was informed regarding the primers and powders is that they can't fill the shelves anymore(said it was Fire Marshall order but most likely corporate). So now they can only have a small number out for display and if you want any primers and/or powder you now have to find an ask an employee for it since it's kept in back now. You'll also now have to ask an employee to check if they have any powder or primers you're looking for as they may not be displayed.
From what they told me, is that they are looking at putting a catalog on the shelf for primers and powders and have an employee scan the barcodes to see if they even have it in back.
Personally I think this is just another way they are trying to keep prices up by creating a fake appearance of shortage so people panic buy and not think about the price.

So it's not actually empty, I happen to be in there yesterday as well and got to talking with them.
From what I was informed regarding the primers and powders is that they can't fill the shelves anymore(said it was Fire Marshall order but most likely corporate). So now they can only have a small number out for display and if you want any primers and/or powder you now have to find an ask an employee for it since it's kept in back now. You'll also now have to ask an employee to check if they have any powder or primers you're looking for as they may not be displayed.
From what they told me, is that they are looking at putting a catalog on the shelf for primers and powders and have an employee scan the barcodes to see if they even have it in back.
Personally I think this is just another way they are trying to keep prices up by creating a fake appearance of shortage so people panic buy and not think about the price.
So what I think I see you saying is a person will have to take a number to buy powder/primers at Cabela's.... YAY!

I have a bridge for sale.......................

I remember last year when Sportsmans had primers but not an abundance. They had a log at the fire arms desk that had a list of what primers and powder's they had in stock. You then had to search for an employee that had a key to the powder/primer room to get your stuff. What a PITA!!!
Then the latter part of the year they started putting the primers out on the shelves and selling them by the sleeves with a limit of two. Since I was going to visit the grandkids and went right by one each time I didn't think it was that bad of a deal especially when I have Mrs. caveman with me. She would always go in and buy her two sleeves.
THEN…. They must've had a metric crap ton of primers come in so they raised the limit to 10 sleeves, one brick per person and I was told that they did not enforce the limit. Then it dried up.

Last Edited:
I have noticed that same system of having to read a current daily list to view what powder and primers are available behind the counter at Coastal, Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse on different occasions.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top