JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just picked up a 1,000 Match Small Pistol Magnum Primers GM200M just this last week for $65 and there is even a guy on this site selling Primers by the case for $80‐90 per 1,000 retail as a small business. Hell I've picked up small & large pistol and small rifle by the bricks worth just these last several weeks and didn't pay more than $70 a brick.
If the best you're getting is $65/1,000 on 25k wholesale than there not giving you a good or decent wholesale rate. An before it's said that I don't know what I'm talking about(cause it always happens) I've worked both sides of the wholesale market as both seller & purchaser and I still talk with them and a good current rate is about $40-50/1,000 depending on what they are and supply available. On top of all this the average retail for primers is around $85-90 a brick. If you want a better rate, find out what teir you're on and what you're classified as as this effect the pricing you get and see what you can do to get a better rate.
Edit: forgot to add this, check with other wholesalers as well as this affects cost as well. See what other wholesaler are offering and see who has the better deal for your needs.
Link not working.

I was referring to his information on cheap primers. He's saying he's paying $40-50/k for primers but the link to his source doesn't seem to be working.
That would require that I had put one in the first place. Also that's wholesale prices to business not public. I also didn't say I was paying $40-50, I still pay retail like the rest of us that are searching.
If anyone was getting that kind of cheap prices I really doubt that they'd tell everyone where to get it. An yes I do know some people on here do that and I don't blame them, though some I do. An no I'm not naming anyone so don't bother asking.

Are we still looking for primers or looking for primers at a certain price? If a certain price, what is the max price. American Reloading has a bunch of primers but prices suck.
BiMart HAD some. $5.59/100. They had before I was there. Large/small pistol, limit two. I'm not actively searching because I'm good for awhile on most I use. I consider $5.59 a STEAL! I think my cut-off would be $70.00/k if I found SPM. Might pay a bit more by the 100.

Are we still looking for primers or looking for primers at a certain price? If a certain price, what is the max price. American Reloading has a bunch of primers but prices suck.
Primers at a certain price. They've always been available. Just not at the prices a sane or prepared person would be willing to pay.

I consider $5.59 a STEAL! I think my cut-off would be $70.00/k if I found SPM. Might pay a bit more by the 100.
Pretty sad huh?
Never thought I'd see the day when paying double the normal price would be considered a steal, yet here we are.

Pretty sad huh?
Never thought I'd see the day when paying double the normal price would be considered a steal, yet here we are.
Heck, look at everything! That's not an excuse though. I feel like punching people when they use that as an excuse. Like "We've had it so good all these years compared to blah, blah and blah" In the grand scheme of things, primers at twice the price, really doesn't affect loading cost much. Well, unless you're a competitor and shoot several hundred rounds a week? Sad for them.

BiMart HAD some. $5.59/100. They had before I was there. Large/small pistol, limit two. I'm not actively searching because I'm good for awhile on most I use. I consider $5.59 a STEAL! I think my cut-off would be $70.00/k if I found SPM. Might pay a bit more by the 100.
I picked up my limit of 2 Federal 200 SPM at my local Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday for $5.59 per sleeve. Couldn't pass them up. Probably will swing by this morning and see if any are left. I feel like anything under $7 per sleeve is decent these days. Now, if they would start getting some large rifle primers in stock….:rolleyes:

I picked up my limit of 2 Federal 200 SPM at my local Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday for $5.59 per sleeve. Couldn't pass them up. Probably will swing by this morning and see if any are left. I feel like anything under $7 per sleeve is decent these days. Now, if they would start getting some large rifle primers in stock….:rolleyes:
The thing is if sportsmans and bimart have the same pricing and is $30 or more cheaper than everyone else, it proves that the other stores are profiteering from this which means they're caught price gouging.

The thing is if sportsmans and bimart have the same pricing and is $30 or more cheaper than everyone else, it proves that the other stores are profiteering from this which means they're caught price gouging.
Actually, I think it demonstrates long term contracts to provide products at a given price. BiMart and SW probably had agreed to purchase X amount of primers at X price, which CCI and Federal agreed to. Then with the pandemic, were unable to deliver the agreed upon primers in the time frame promised and the parties agreed to extend the delivery date and keep the same price, hence the "attractive" prices currently being offered. Eventually, those contracts will be fulfilled and we will be "able" to buy primers at current market prices. Lucky us! ;)

Actually, I think it demonstrates long term contracts to provide products at a given price. BiMart and SW probably had agreed to purchase X amount of primers at X price, which CCI and Federal agreed to. Then with the pandemic, were unable to deliver the agreed upon primers in the time frame promised and the parties agreed to extend the delivery date and keep the same price, hence the "attractive" prices currently being offered. Eventually, those contracts will be fulfilled and we will be "able" to buy primers at current market prices. Lucky us! ;)
I'm not sure that that's the case, fisherman's has a higher price than bimart and they are still back ordered for their primes as well and both use the same vendor. So why the large difference between the two of $3-8 per sleeve?
This is just one example.

I'm not sure that that's the case, fisherman's has a higher price than bimart and they are still back ordered for their primes as well and both use the same vendor. So why the large difference between the two of $3-8 per sleeve?
This is just one example.
I'm not sure that is the case either, but it is the only thing I can think of to explain why BiMart and SW prices are significantly lower than the prevailing market prices from other sources. I don't think either store is selling them at a loss, but demand is so strong for the past two years that retailers can pretty much choose how much to charge. In theory, if the price is too high, they will have them sitting on the shelf. If they price them at a reasonable profit, they sell out and have no idea when their next order will arrive (or how much the new wholesale price will be). SW has been consistently below market price for primers since early 2020. I bought multiple bricks for less than $30, while people were complaining about getting "gouged" for $50 or $60 per brick. Today, I am happy to buy a two sleeve limit for less than $6 per sleeve, and about the only places I get to do that is Bi-Mart and Sportsman's Warehouse. 🤷

The supply chain must be recovering a bit. You guys are seeing primers at the retail level and my wholesaler called me yesterday with a portion of my back order ready to ship.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top