JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sportsman's in Kelso today. Some primers and lot's of expensive ammo. Limit 2 sleeves on the primers. No limit on the ammo that I could see. $5.03 for the SRP not too bad.

20220601_100633.jpg 20220601_100641.jpg 20220601_100720.jpg

This week Midway had CCI Benchrest BR2 large rifle primers. It wasnt a good deal, but they had them. I picked up a brick, 1000 primers.
I havnt used these yet, are these good primers?

This week Midway had CCI Benchrest BR2 large rifle primers. It wasnt a good deal, but they had them. I picked up a brick, 1000 primers.
I havnt used these yet, are these good primers?
Holy hell $160 a brick for those plus haz ship. That is a hell of a painful cost. You can get them for $90-120 local when they show up.

LRP in stock for $89.50
well then I got screwed. I thought I had all the notifications set up on all the web stores but guess not.

Are Remington LRPrimers better than CCI Benchrest LRPrimers? What about Remington LRMagnum Primers?

(Im fairly new to reloading and have not used these brands yet...)

well then I got screwed. I thought I had all the notifications set up on all the web stores but guess not.

Are Remington LRPrimers better than CCI Benchrest LRPrimers? What about Remington LRMagnum Primers?

The Remington are just standard LRPs. I prefer the CCI but currently I'll take what I can get.

The Remington are just standard LRPs. I prefer the CCI but currently I'll take what I can get.
Brownells has LR Magnum Primers too.

I just dumped over $160 on my CCI Benchrest primers so Im tapped out and I dont think I will get the magnums. Ive heard Magnum primers produce more velocity...

This helps to better understand the different primers. Screenshot_20220603-203446_Office.jpg

I just dumped over $160 on my CCI Benchrest primers so Im tapped out and I dont think I will get the magnums. Ive heard Magnum primers produce more velocity...
If it hasn't been filled or shipped yet you could cancel it and order the others, 2 Bricks for the price of one.

Using magnum primers in standard loads is kind of like running premium fuel in your '79 datsun pickup. It'll work but not any better than good ol' regular and costs more.
hey now, my first car was a 79 Datsun something, I next got a Datsun 4x4 but cant recall the year.
Long story short Im a Toyota guy now. My 25yr old Toyota 4x4 does get slightly better mileage with premium though but I will take your word for it on the primers. :)

They also seem to increase Extreme spread fairly regularly.
I'm not even using magnum primers in my almost 100 grains of powder 338 anymore.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top