JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2013 deer 2.jpg 11-17-2005-11.jpg SANY0829.JPG to late to get a tag for elk this year but if you want next year get a hold of me and I can set you up .
lost my hunting partner , best friend my father so now its me and a friend I got into hunting 10 years ago .
we go for 11 days , I am older and have hunted this unit for the last 30+ years before that hunted the blues and troy oregon.
we get bear cougar and elk tags for this unit and you need a good side arm for the cats there are lots of them so if you dont mind the chance of running into one its a great hunt .

2013 deer 2.jpg

11-17-2005-11.jpg

SANY0829.JPG

View attachment 103821 View attachment 103822 View attachment 103823 to late to get a tag for elk this year but if you want next year get a hold of me and I can set you up .
lost my hunting partner , best friend my father so now its me and a friend I got into hunting 10 years ago .
we go for 11 days , I am older and have hunted this unit for the last 30+ years before that hunted the blues and troy oregon.
we get bear cougar and elk tags for this unit and you need a good side arm for the cats there are lots of them so if you dont mind the chance of running into one its a great hunt .

That sounds like a great experience! Thanks for the offer and don't be surprised if you hear from me in the spring asking what I can do to help.;)

I put in for elk tags on the raffle but didn't get them. I think a couple of deer will be about what I can handle this year as a start though so that's something to look forward to for next year.

Joe, just for general info what is your age and physical condition?
BTW if you have a GPS unit take it with you and use it, marking your camp site before the hunt! ;)

I am in my late 30's.

I was in great shape in my 20's but I would say I'm in reasonable condition now (always working towards better condition;)). I'm a large guy but am not fat by most standards - 6'1" and 265lbs (long time weight lifter so 265 fits well on me).

My hunting partner in OR is 180 and can not believe I weigh as much as I do.

My cardio has always needed some extra work lol.

The GPS idea is a great one! I have an older model laying around somewhere, I'll dig it out.

View attachment 103821 View attachment 103822 View attachment 103823 to late to get a tag for elk this year but if you want next year get a hold of me and I can set you up .

Doh!:confused: I just saw your in OR:(

I looked at trying to get OR tags this year but choked when I saw the out of state costs.

I would also recommend who ever you hunt with to get some good radio's so you can keep tabs on each other we all have them and gps so if we get one down fall and get hurt we can radio in the cords .
we have found a few lost hunters in the unit over the year due to scanning radio

Hey Joe. Let's go. Let me know when you have a day or two open and we'll go together. Sat's and Sun's are for my son and I, however, I'm planning on Mon's (could throw in a Friday or two) for Vacation days and will be by myself. If you're available for those early morning Mondays or Fridays, give me a shout and we'll ride up to Yacolt or Larch area. I don't know where to go this year because my usual place, in Klickitat is being sold. So, I plan to just head out, from my house in Washougal, to somewhere local. I'd be happy to have you along!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads