JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have gun and ammo. I assume I have clothes that would suffice but that's only an assumption. I'm a hard worker and not a cheap bubblegum. I won't give away your spots. I can be a pretty good friend too. If you don't want to take me under your wing (understandably so) just general advice would be appreciated too.

I love getting out and hunting, would be nice to fill the void of big game hunting during the off season.

Please pm me if your interested.

I come from waterfowl hunting in Nebraska, mostly sitting in a well supplied goose blind, so it was quite the change to hunting on the Columbia River, also a bit intimidating. It took a couple years of searching before I found someone willing to show me the ropes, I would ask around and mostly get responses like "just go out to the islands, it's easy hunting" except I don't have a boat, or "walk the tracks to the Jon Day and shoot them from the bridge" well okay but how do I get my birds out of the slough without a dog. Finally a friend of my wife was complaining that her husband's friends were blowing him off so she told her about my problems finding a hunting buddy and since then we have been hunting regularly. Waterfowlers seem to be as secretive as elk hunters about their spots, but keep trying and be patient you'll find a mentor. If your ever want to go hunt in the Astoria area PM me and I will show you the little I know.

I come from waterfowl hunting in Nebraska, mostly sitting in a well supplied goose blind, so it was quite the change to hunting on the Columbia River, also a bit intimidating. It took a couple years of searching before I found someone willing to show me the ropes, I would ask around and mostly get responses like "just go out to the islands, it's easy hunting" except I don't have a boat, or "walk the tracks to the Jon Day and shoot them from the bridge" well okay but how do I get my birds out of the slough without a dog. Finally a friend of my wife was complaining that her husband's friends were blowing him off so she told her about my problems finding a hunting buddy and since then we have been hunting regularly. Waterfowlers seem to be as secretive as elk hunters about their spots, but keep trying and be patient you'll find a mentor. If your ever want to go hunt in the Astoria area PM me and I will show you the little I know.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll shoot you a PM.

Its easy..Go find a farm that is swampy during winter and cuts hay..Buck hay in exchange for hunting access..Practice wader dropping in case you go swimming too deep, And dont be a dick and leave shells and trash. Columbia is a treasure trove of islands and sloughs.. learn them and who owns what..Oh yeah dont forget learning tides and such. Watched a few folks drown over the years out there.

Its easy..Go find a farm that is swampy during winter and cuts hay..Buck hay in exchange for hunting access..Practice wader dropping in case you go swimming too deep, And dont be a dick and leave shells and trash. Columbia is a treasure trove of islands and sloughs.. learn them and who owns what..Oh yeah dont forget learning tides and such. Watched a few folks drown over the years out there.
Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top