Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for FFL to help import my Canadian guns

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by PipPop, May 31, 2011.

1. PipPop

PipPop Ridgefield, WA Member

I am looking to bring my gun collection from Canada (5 rifles and 1 shotgun). I know I need an FFL to complete a ATF form 6 and once approved I can apply for a Canadian export license. Looking for someone prefereably in the Vancouver WA area with possible experience in this BS. Needs to be cost effective as these are not high end guns. Any help in the right direction is appreciated.

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Congratulations on the move. Now you can own handguns and even take them outside of your house without a permit!

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PipPop

Thanks. Except my recent move is more restrictive with my handguns.......having just moved here from the Constitutional Carry state of Arizona. I thought I passed through Canada on my way north with Oregon's poor conceal carry resciprocity...... = ; )

4. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

When I moved from Canada over 10 years ago, I used Jerry Wolten at Coast to Coast Hardware in Blaine but I don't think he's in business anymore. This was just before the Canadian PAL and ATT hassles so I just drove them to the border and called Jerry and he came to the border crossing and after US Customs checked the ATF forms they handed the guns to Jerry and we walked out and he handed them to me (after I paid him for his services).

Getting the guns shipped out of Canada is going to be a hassle since you will need to find a broker to do all the paperwork who will then transfer them to your FFL (I assume).

If you don't mind the driving I would see if there is an FFL up in Blaine that would be willing to work with you.

5. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Give me a call at 503-313-0514.
    I am in Vancouver.

ocarolan likes this.
  6. PipPop

Still looking for help on this thread.........cheers.

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Did you call coctailer?

8. PipPop

Yes we spoke.

9. ddfuller

ddfuller The Gorge New Member

Hi, Came across this old thread, but the topic matches exactly what I'm looking for. Would like to bring some old firearms down. My first shotgun, and dad's first hunting rifle and .22. So nothing of great value other than to myself. If there are any contacts or stories of success, I'd like to hear em.
    thx.

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Seatac, WA Member

You'll need to find a dealer with a type 08 or 11 FFL. Those are importer licenses. Probably not a lot of small ones around.

Yeah, I know... old thread. But hoping it might get a posting of any FFLs in the region that are importers. That might be something good to know.

11. ddfuller

ddfuller The Gorge New Member

Any FFL's out there that are interested in helping me navigate the process? PM me if you are able or know of someone who can.
    Appreciate it.

12. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

How did this go? My father retired to Canada and he has some family heirloom guns that I will eventually have to repatriate.

13. PipPop

It ended up that it was going to cost me more than the guns (including the sentimental value) were worth. I sold them all in Canada on Canadian Gun Nutz which was a great group like the folks here at NWFA.

14. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

If you just need to import something, it might be a bit convoluted, but my former employer is a type 08 FFL, they are in southern california Ten-X Ammunition is the name of the business, and I know we used to export ammo to canada.