JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a huge believer in institutional knowledge.

I have watched a number of YouTube videos on reloading handgun and long gun loads. Yet, I know there is so much that I could learn. And, I want to learn.

What I'm looking for:

An hour of hands on instruction for reloading handgun loads. (Caliber is unimportant).

An hour of instruction reloading large caliber loads (caliber is unimportant).

I'm hoping to watch/participate in the process.

Who I'm looking for:

Someone who has reloaded for several years across multiple presses, and perhaps, multiple methodologies- someone who has gone through the trial and error process and developed a philosophy in which they believe.

What I'm willing to pay: $100 an hour

Me:

Decades long shooter of all shooting sports. Lifetime shotgun reloader. Entering the 3-gun, and PR worlds and would like to match hand loads to my evolving shooting needs.

If you are willing to spend some time with a reloader newbie and take me through your processes in a hands-on fashion and your past experiences, I'm m an eager learner.

I'm in Portland but will happily drive an hour+ to meet with the right person.đź‘Ť If you're reloading in the next month PM me and let's connect. Weekends work best.

I have watched a number of YouTube videos on reloading handgun and long gun loads. Yet, I know there is so much that I could learn. And, I want to learn.

What I'm looking for:

An hour of hands on instruction for reloading handgun loads. (Caliber is unimportant).

Who I'm looking for:

Someone who has reloaded for several years across multiple presses, and perhaps, multiple methodologies- someone who has gone through the trial and error process and developed a philosophy in which they believe.

Me:

Decades long shooter of all shooting sports. Lifetime shotgun reloader. Entering the 3-gun, and PR worlds and would like to match hand loads to my evolving shooting needs.

If you are willing to spend some time with a reloader newbie and take me through your processes in a hands-on fashion and your past experiences, I'm m an eager learner.

I'm in Portland but will happily drive an hour+ to meet with the right person.đź‘Ť If you're reloading in the next month PM me and let's connect. Weekends work best.

If you find someone I'll join you. I have everything I need to get started but would like a hands on tutorial.
There was a place out in banks that was going to do a class but unfortunately his wife got sick and I haven't heard anything in a few months. I'll reach out to them again and let you know if they want to do it again.

This is really smart! My first couple hundred rounds of 223 I resized incorrectly and it resulted in a live round getting stuck in my chamber. I wish I would have have someone to coach me. My January is pretty packed, but if you don't get any bites by February shoot me a DM. No charge, just bring a 6 pack (for after of course).

I'm fairly new at reloading with only about 3 years experience. I'd be happy to go through a process free of charge also, but you'd have to make the drive to Vancouver (near where I-5 and I-205 come together North of Vanc.).

I taught myself by watching videos and reading. AND GOING VERY SLOW with each step.

***The first caliber that I ever loaded was 357AMP. It is a 44AMP cartridge necked down to fit the 357 bullet. I had to take the 44AMP cartridge and size the neck down properly to fit my chamber, verify overall length and trim accordingly, then properly load. Anything wrong in any step could have been catastrophic to my 357AMP Auto Mag and quickly turn it into a VERY expensive paperweight. I knew that if i took my time and did it correctly for the 357AMP, I could do it for anything. And i was right. ;)

Being a neebie, I did everything on an RCBS Rock Chucker (single stage press). I would suggest that if you are just getting into loading get one (a single stage press - any make you prefer). As every step is one-at-a-time step, as opposed to 1 handle pull and numerous things happening all at once. Then you can check/verify yourself throughout each step.

Whether it is "hand gun loads" or "large caliber loads" the basics are all the same. By "large caliber loads" what do you mean? Rifle loads or 50AE/500 magnum loads? Again, the basics are all the same regardless of caliber.

If you want to take me up on my offer, PM me and we can try and set something up.

:s0155:

I don't have a direct answer to your inquiry... I know of a retail store in Central Washington that specializes in reloading supplies; Three Forks in Cle Elum, which also offers free classes in reloading. Perhaps someone is aware of something similar closer to you.

The Jacobe Group in the Salem area does reloading classes from what I've heard. Good on you for seeking help and advice before possibly doing something that could end bad.

I teach reloading as a side gig. I'm a competitive shooter and have been rolling my own for over 40 years. Now days I own The Proficient Marksman Ammunition Company. I charge $35.00/hr for a 2 hour block.
I'm in Creswell so about 2 hours south of Portland.

This spring I will be doing reloading classes.
I am converting our shed in to a reloading shop. I should have thirty-one foofof loading bench. I will have lots of different presses set up for people to try and see what fits them to start out on.
I have a Dillon 650, Hornaday AP Progressive, two single-stage Hornaday Lock n Load presses, two RCBS RockChucker presses, a Redding T-7 turret press, a Lee turret press, a cheap lee single-stage press a old Lyman c press.
Lyman & RCBS trimmers, Hornaday and RCBS hand throw powder measures, Hornaday electronic power measure, I will be buying a RCBS electronic scale.
I have two Frankford wet tumblers and a couple of dry tumblers.
Plenty of primers, powder & brass.
I should be set up around March.

This spring I will be doing reloading classes.
I am converting our shed in to a reloading shop. I should have thirty-one foofof loading bench. I will have lots of different presses set up for people to try and see what fits them to start out on.
I have a Dillon 650, Hornaday AP Progressive, two single-stage Hornaday Lock n Load presses, two RCBS RockChucker presses, a Redding T-7 turret press, a Lee turret press, a cheap lee single-stage press a old Lyman c press.
Lyman & RCBS trimmers, Hornaday and RCBS hand throw powder measures, Hornaday electronic power measure, I will be buying a RCBS electronic scale.
I have two Frankford wet tumblers and a couple of dry tumblers.
Plenty of primers, powder & brass.
I should be set up around March.
Ping me when you start. I'd like to be in your first group

Will
[email protected]

What I'm looking for:

Who I'm looking for:

Me:

A basic reloading manual is infinitely better than all youtube videos combined.
That's code for get a reloading manual or three.

If you're interested, you can come up and we'll go through the loading procedure in the load room of our ammo company

20210922_180936.jpg

What I'm looking for:

Who I'm looking for:

Me:

I offer the NRAs Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading class and the Bassic Shotshell Reloading class. These are 8 hour, hands on, classes to get you started in building your own ammunition.
My next Metallic class is scheduled for Jan 9, seats are open, $80.
I'm based near Yakima, WA.
I also offer a non NRA, class in Bullet Casting.
I do scheduled classes as well as unscheduled classes on request.
509-969-6414

F94A77C4-F609-4E63-B198-D47AA238AB81.jpeg 4AA7A90B-370B-4C8C-B585-F285A682B797.jpeg

BTW,

Does nobody think that putting out private contact info on a forum is a risky move????

Normally, you PM somebody with such info, and even then not very often. When one posts phone numbers and email in a forum thread, stand by for possible trolls, scammers, spam, doxxing, harassment, sales pitches, and all the other good things we just love to deal with...

On many forums such posts are against the rules.

To the OP, I'm too far away to do you any good. But good for you to be looking for individual help.
Look for someone that can help you set up your dies in any press and show you ways to check your own work at every stage of the reloading. This is like beginning math where you learn to back up your problem to check your math! There are little tricks to checking each stage of your work.
also when you find an instructor spend some time learning to keep good records so that when you find that magic load you can reproduce it again [ even after several years].
If you only record the basics [ bullet weight, powder, and charge weight] You may forget the bullet manufacture, style, and length, etc...
Spend some time learning everything you can about the info on an ammo box [ for duplicating a factory load] and everything you can about how loading data is written.
These are not the things you will find in a you tube video, but are very handy in creating good loads that can be reproduced over and over again. Good Luck DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews