JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a looooooong shot but here it goes. In July of 1983 my mother purchased a Smith and Wesson model 19 (Combat?) with a six inch barrel from "Outdoor -n-more" on McLoughlin blvd for my then 15 year old brother.
On August 26th 1983 this pistol was mishandled and as a result I was shot in the chest (I prefer not to provide details since the individual responsible remains in remorse). I do not know the serial number. My mother sold every gun in the house to an unknown individual in late 1983/early 1984 to help fund my recovery. I am not certain how she sold them (nickel ads?) but the individual who bought them was male, 30-35 years old. I do not remember what they were sold for but it must have been give away prices since he bought every gun and could not leave fast enough.
I have the shell case, the bullet still resides in my chest, I want THE pistol that shot me.
Please contact me if you believe you are in possession of such a pistol bought and sold in Milwaukie, original bill of sale will be under the name "Hyde"
Thank you .

You might try also posting your search in the Smith & Wesson forum and have folks nationally looking for you as well. The way guns are bought and sold over the internet these days your gun could be anywhere in the country by now.

I do hope you find your Model 19.

Fascinating.....Does the bullet in your chest pose a risk to your health if removed? I can't immagone having a piece of lead in your body is doing you any favors.

Also, what will you do with the gun if you find it.

Fascinating.....Does the bullet in your chest pose a risk to your health if removed? I can't immagone having a piece of lead in your body is doing you any favors.

Also, what will you do with the gun if you find it.

My luck being what it is, the bullet was of the JHP variety and performed exactly as designed, entering the left pectoral muscle traveling through my chest cavity width wise, punctured my left lung, bruised my heart, blew through my spinal column at T4-5 and the body of the slug resides under my right shoulder blade breaking into at least a dozen pieces along the way. I have been told removing it would cause more problems than it was worth.

As for what I would do with it? Take it to the range and enjoy. I only have one wheel gun at the moment, I would like a second and cannot think of a better one to have. Somewhere I have an Xray of my left shoulder where you can see the start of the fragment trail, kinda cool.

The light specs center/left are lead. Screenshot_2018-08-30-10-38-30.png

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.