JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, having just moved here in late November, I do not know this area very well, just need a little help finding a decent lake to canoe on. Yeah, I know I have a few months before I am even going to think about putting it in the water, but for the first time in my life (other than the service) I have a job where I get paid vacations.:s0155:
My current location is in west Portland(Washington county), just north of Hillsboro and Beaverton.
Just in case you want to know, it is a 17ft maine guide, ceder ribs and planking, canvas exterior. Just finished a 2 year restoration on it, replace ribs and planking, and new canvas.
Storage is another problem, but I am going to build a room at my work for my tools so I am going to store it on top of that. Now just need to buy a truck and build a rack on it, lol.:huh:

Last Edited:
WOW a Lake in Oregon you can Canoe on Now thats a tough one LOL. I assume you want to drive up and throw it in rather then any portage?

You need a Benchmark Road and Recreation map for Oregon Most amazing resource for planning outdoor trips. Combine the Atlas with Google or Bing 3d maps on line and you can find almost anything in Oregon.

Amazon.com carries them.

http://www.amazon.com/Benchmark-Ore...1623/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1294603991&sr=8-4

best $15.00 someone into the outdoors in Oregon can spend. Ours is an older edition and nearly worn out from all the road trips and adventure planning we have used it for. Maybe I'll order a new one.

Gold Lake is a very pretty, small lake in the Willamette Pass area east of Eugene. Right now it's inaccessible unless you ski in. No motors allowed, fly fishing only
(at least it was the last time I was up there).

It's about 45 miles east of Eugene just west on Willamette Pass on the north side of the highway (Hwy 58).

I officially second the suggestion of Gold Lake, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. Hands down the best spot I've encountered in the whole state for canoeing, and last summer at least the fishing was great too.

I officially second the suggestion of Gold Lake, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. Hands down the best spot I've encountered in the whole state for canoeing, and last summer at least the fishing was great too.

And if you are in for a bigger treat...just go a few miles more and try Waldo Lake. The largest alpine lake in the state and it offers endless adventure.

Just remembered where I kept my photos of the said canoe, here it is:
IM000159.jpg
IM000158.jpg
IM000155.jpg

After the weather gets better and if you are willing to make a little bit of a drive, Trillium Lake up on Mt Hood is gorgeous with easy access, trout fishing, camping, and a breathtaking view or Mt Hood.

I second the My. Hood area its very nice up there. Timothy lake is another nice one, but you'll have to wait til late spring early summer to get into some of them due to all the snow. Nice looking canoe BTW

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top